Tuesday 2 October 2012

Review: Maybelline Gel Eyeliner

Hi Beauties,

With much excitement I recently picked up the much anticipated Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 07-Black Chrome.  Maybelline is known for it's amazing eye products, and I for one am a huge fan of most of their mascara's. 


 
Content and packaging is something I always rate highly, and one could always tell more pricey items from cheaper ones just through packaging, yes I said it, I'm a total sucker for cute packaging.  And this one definitely did not disappoint.  The paint-pot is sleek and stylish, with a high quality eyeliner brush with super soft bristles.
 
The gel eyeliner has a mousse-like texture, feels very soft and also applies with the same gentleness to the eye.  The brush was easy to move around and work with, and easy to create different shapes with just a change of angle.  You might notice a slight glittery effect in the gel, but I assure you it only creates dimension on your eyeliner and no glitters are visible at all.  It was really easy to create my winged eyeliner, and will only take a couple of practise sessions if you are not used to doing this. 
 
The gel eyeliner is relatively pigmented, but I had to do a couple of swipes to really obtain a good colour pay-off.   It also only lasted a couple of hours although it claims to be 24 hours, by the time I got home I could've done with another sweep of gel to give it a bit of extra colour.
 
Overall, I love this little beauty!  Although on the more expensive side, I'd say it's a worthwhile investment, and with a bit of patience even newbies will be able to master the trick in creating a gorgeous Brigitte Bardot eye.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I love Maybelline Gel Eyeliner I did a review on this myself. It's great for doing thick or thin lines.

    Your blog is fantastically girly, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much babe ... it definitely is, the little brush is just heaven sent :-) Thank you so much for the sweet compliment, I appreciate it x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...