Saturday 13 October 2012

Liebster Award

Hi Beauties,

I woke up this morning to find out that I've been nominated for a Liebster Award, that sounds like so much fun right?  I feel incredibly grateful for this:



Visit Natasha's blog on Bellezakisses and enjoy her insight into all things beautiful!
 
So you might be asking, what exactly is a Liebster Award, and basically it's a nomination for up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster in German means dearest or beloved, it's a term of endearment, so it's wonderful to be nominated for such an amazing award, and I'm very grateful to each one of you and to see the growth on my blog in just the two weeks since I've started it, and I do feel that a glass of celebratory vino is in order for tonight.
 


In order to be able to accept the award and to be able to display the badge on your blog, you have to do the following:

~  Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.

~  They must answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.

~  They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they tagged.

~  They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers.

~  These lucky bloggers must be told.

~  There are no tag backs.

11 Random Things/Facts about Myself:

1.  I'm a bookworm, I love the feel and smell of a book and have collected a number of antique children's books over the years. 

2.  Quite the fanatic of vintage/antique collectables, I also have a collection of antique teacups and saucers/vases on display in my kitchen, the oldest teacup being just over 100 years old. 

3.  I love horror movies, anything that scares me, my earliest memory is of me watching those old Vampire movies of the 80's with my brother, grandmother and father. 

4.  My personality type is ESFJ and my star sign is Sagittarius.

5.  I have a phobia of spiders and heights.

6.  I absolutely adore animals and it's something I'm very passionate about and I try to raise animal awareness as much as possible. 

7.  I hate my freckles.

8.  I'm a TV junkie and addicted to trashy reality television.

9.  Crisps fanatic, it could be called chips too, and favourite flavour is tomato.

10.  I have a slight coffee addiction, winter or summer.

11 Questions I have to answer from Natasha at Bellezakisses:

1.  What’s your go to hairstyle?

My everyday straight and teased hair, I absolutely loathe flat hair, and I think I have some New Jersey blood in me ... and PS - I wore my hair big - way before Jerseylicious started LoL ;) just a little fyi.

2) What’s your favourite book?

I'd say the whole Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella.

3) If you could have any car in the world, what would it be?

Range Rover.

4) What beauty tip do you swear by?

Having well shaped eyebrows, which will literally transform your face from drab to fab, and no over-plucking please.

5) Why did you start blogging?

Ever since I can remember, people have always asked me questions about my style and look, how do I do this, how do I get it like that.  I actually don't mind sharing my tips and tricks, and if someone wants look like me, well I have no problem with it LoL (just joking).  That basically gave me the idea to share these things, and the motto of my blog is style and fashion for the everyday girl.

6) What is your favourite blog post?

I'm not sure if this is favourite blog post of mine or someone elses?  So I'll mention both.  I'd have to say so far it's been my extensions post, just because I love having long hair and was just incredibly impressed by the product overall.  Favourite blog post of someone else, wow, that is a bit hard but I'm going to support a fellow South-African blogger on this, Carlinn from Superficialgirls I loved her Sunset Pink post, I mean this is totally me:  Sunset Pink

7) What advise would you give to someone, who is interested in blogging?

If it's something you really want to do go for it, it takes a lot of time and commitment, but I love every second of it.  Be original and be you, there's place for all kinds of people so don't feel that you have to imitate or try and be anyone else but you. 

8) Other than your own, whose blog do you read on a daily basis?

They're all listed on my blogspiration button, but at the top of my head:  Past Midnight, Lipgloss Kisses, The Teacup Diaries, What I Heart Today and Pearls and Poodles.

9) What is one of your favorite quotes?

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. ~Marilyn Monroe~

10) If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?

Any time during the 1920's which is my favourite era.

11) Do you have a celebrity look-alike?

Not as far as I know ;)

11 Questions my tagged bloggers have to answer:

1.  When and why did you start your blog, what inspired you to do it?
2.  Apart from blogging, what is your favourite thing to do?
3.  Which country do you live in?
4.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go to and why?
5.  Favourite make-up and / or beauty trick?
6.  If someone gave you a million bucks, what would you do with it?
7.  What are your favourite designers or local/department stores?
8.  Who inspires you?
9.  What is your favourite season and why?
10.  And lastly but by no means the least:  sweet or salty food?

11 Bloggers I am nominating for the Liebster Award:

1.  Chicara from Lipgloss Kisses

2.  Michelle from Past Midnight

3.  Amii from Scarlet Pout

4.  Chloe from Chloe Leonard Make Up

5.  Tanja from Fashion Beauty Glamour

6.  Pretty Luscious Things

7.  Scottie from Scotties Paper Dolls

8.  Pinay from Pink Mommy

9.  Kate from The Small Things Blog

10.  Kristina from Kiki's Parlour

11.  Sally from SweetieSal

So now that you've been tagged I wish you all the best for your blogs.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Babe! I'm gonna get to this at the weekend! What a fantastic idea.

    Much love!

    www.prettylusciousthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and thank you for nomination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! So, I just now had a chance to read this! You are so sweet! Love the picture! We have so much in common! I'm a Sag too and that is one of my favorite quotes by Marilyn Monroe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome I'm happy you like it :-) yes I love meeting fellow Sag's (is that even a word LoL).

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...