Thursday 18 October 2012

Review: Kangol Kolour Time to Shine Bronzing Powder

Hey Beauties,

Bronzing powder should be a staple in your beauty bag, and if you don't know why well let me tell you the secret ~ finding the right bronzer for your skin tone not only means that you will look like a bronzed babe with a summery glow all year round, but you can sculpt yourself some Victoria Beckham cheekbones, if you haven't been naturally blessed with those of course. 

So find yourself an angled brush, suck in those cheekbones and with a light hand brush some bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks with light circular movements, blending upwards and into the hairline (blending being the keyword as you need to blend .. blend ... blend to avoid looking streaky or your contouring being obvious), working all around your hairline to your forehead.   A little goes a long way, and it's best to have to use more to deepen or accentuate the effect you're trying to achieve, than looking like a disaster.  An amazing link on how to properly contour your face, and full instructions here.


There isn't any colour specified on the product, so I'm assuming this might be the only colour in their product range.  The packaging is really gorgeous with it's bronze mirror surface, and I love how they've designed the powder to have a sun-ray effect, the packaging and whole feel embodies a bronzing powder.
 
It's a light and fluffy powder, with a very fine shimmery look to it, which only adds dimension to your face, so don't worry that you'll end up looking like a disco ball.  It is extremely pigmented, and I guess this little beauty shall last you for years as you literally need the smallest amount.
 
Overall I loved the look of this product, and it went well with my everyday look.  If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive bronzing powder, and have a light/medium skin tone, this will be the perfect companion to get you sunkissed and glowy.
 
If you enjoyed my post, why not subscribe and always stay fabulous?
 

9 comments:

  1. Im always so wearing of bronzers! EEEEK! but this one doesnt look too dark. Nice!

    Would you be able to post where you purchase your products and the price range?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, this one definitely isn't too dark :) but really a dab will go a long way. Yes sure I'll definitely try and remember, I don't always get to review products immediately though so tend to throw away the receipts, but this one I got at the beauty section from Truworths and I'm sure it was under R100.00, the Kangol range is very affordable. :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking I needed a new bronzer but had no idea where to start looking! Will definitely go and have a look for this one :-)

    KateR xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, this is a really good bronzer and definitely one of my top 5, I also love the MAC and Physicians Formula ones, but they're a bit more costly. :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. It looks great! I've been looking for a good bronzer! And from reading your comments above, it isn't too pricey! Thanks for sharing!

    PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,you're welcome :-) Loving your blog! Followed and you're welcome to do the same ;) xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...