Monday 3 December 2012

My Blogging Area / Desk

Hi Pretties,

I never thought that I'd enjoy blogging as much as I do, and when I started I thought it will be okay to share my hubby's desk ~ but it soon proved to be quite challenging and somewhat of an annoyance.  I didn't really have any area to put my products I wanted to review and general bits and bobs. 

Perhaps he felt I was invading his space too much ;) but he bought me this lovely new desk, now I can burn my beloved Yankee Candle's to my hearts content, and I finally have a small space in the study I can call my own.  It has to be said, ever since I can remember I have been a couch potato, and in school I literally could not do homework or study without the telly being on in the background, although I like music I prefer watching television, even if it's on just as background sound ... so it was imperative that I position my desk so I can see the telly ;)





Desk and Chair:  Mr Price Home
Storage Boxes:  Mr Price Home
Glass Jar:  @Home
Yankee Candle in Vanilla Cupcake:  Tobacconist (Retails for R250.00 ~ 411g)
Pen Holder:  Mr Price Home
Flowers:  Mr Price Home
3 Wick Candle in French Vanilla:  Mr Price Home
Sony Vaio in Pink:  Incredible Connection

I love the contrast between my mahogany desk and crisp white chair, initially I wanted to get the chair in red and it looked so retro, but decided against it as I wanted a vintage look to the area, although I can't make it too girly as I am sharing this space with my hubby.

I store stationery such as a stapler, cello tape etc. in the storage boxes, plus a few bits and bobs.  I've got some candy in the glass holder to keep me going whilst blogging, and I have quite the love affair with Yankee Candles.  Yes, they're expensive, but they're totally worth the investment, all of the ones I've bought, the fragrances are true to the name, it also fills the entire area with the loveliest of smells, and the biggest positive for me on them is the fact that they burn for hours and hours on end. 

The candle from Mr Price home is also really lovely, I'm usually not a fan of their candles as I find the smell is not very pleasant, but this one is really amazing, and I adore the glass jar.  I also got some gorgeous notebooks from Mr Price Home and they were really inexpensive.  Oh, and of course I have my mandatory cup of rooibos tea sweetened with honey, blogging just won't be the same without it.

Our study isn't finished at all, we have this beautiful ethereal painting of a lake that needs to be put up on the wall, plus a clock and a mirror, and some few other things that need to be done.  But I'm happy with it so far.

PS ~ You can see my tripod standing in the back, it was really inexpensive from Incredible Connection, if I remember correctly it was around the R200.00 mark, and I highly suggest investing in one as it's so much easier to take your own outfit photo's with these.

I don't know if I'm the only curious one, but I'm always interested to see where other girls do their blogging?  I can't find any posts on the internet ~ So here I am tagging or whatever you want to call it to all my fellow lovely bloggers to do a post about your blogging space, and remember to give me your link once done.

Love,
xoxo


46 comments:

  1. Ahhh that's so pretty ! Wish I had a place as lovely to work in!
    www.LaurasHaven.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really do love blogging from here ;) xo

      Delete
  2. aww.. such a lovely area and very neat !.. <3
    Is that your wedding photo? you looks so gorgeous.. ^^


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, yes I can't work in a cluttery environment hehe ;) indeed it is :) almost 3 years in January! Thanks ever so much xo

      Delete
  3. Lovely desk:) I see you love also Y.C. (Yankee Candles:)) as I do:) My fav one is Red Velvet but I also like the Christmas Eve or Home for the holidays one:)

    Bye,
    NIKA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I adore them! Actually a bit of obsessed with them hehe ... I got the red velvet one in the smaller jar smells like cake (obviously), we didn't get a lot of Christmassy ones yet :/ I want to try the Christmas cookie but can't find it anywhere.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I love it!I have recently taken sabbatical from wrk, and also need to sort outmy "workspace" in the study. Lets hope I gearoundtot soon.

    xxx
    Rushda
    www.rubescloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with it Rushda, let me know once you have I'd like to have a little peek if you don't mind ;) xo

      Delete
  5. Whit such lovely corner you will work happier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, i would love a desk of my own but i think the kids would just take it over.

    Love you blog, i'm your new follower.

    Txx

    http://fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh well mommy's things are their things right? ;) Hehe ... thanks so much appreciate it xo

      Delete
  7. pink computer screen! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I tried to tone down the pink with more white but having a quick squizz and I see almost every item has pink in ... well I do think in Pink LoL ;)

      Delete
  8. Great idea for a blogging space! Wish my desk was as clean as yours, I have bills, books etc piled all over my desk! eeek.

    Love brenda @ www.perfectinpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I stash those away ;) when there's too much clutter I feel like I can't think, the same thing at work too, I kind of feel overwhelmed when there's too much going on. Good luck with all your goodies and things ;) hehe xo

      Delete
  9. Your work space is most adorable*

    Love it... think i should do a similiar post* Mmmm great idea...

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes please do I wanna see! Let me know once you've done it please? xo

      Delete
  10. I love that box!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your desk space, beautiful inspiring area. I am the same I love to see how others blog and their work spaces x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad I'm not the only one :) xo

      Delete
  12. Thats for the bloggers comment. Love your blog!

    Txx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for dropping by my blog appreciate it :) xo

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful space... Sure it makes blogging so enjoyable! It's so pretty, wish it was my space! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much doll ~ it certainly does. Ahhh I'm willing to share with you ~ next time you're in Joburg feel free to come do a bit of a shared blog post with me :) xo

      Delete
  14. Haha

    Finally I get to see the blog station I hear about :)
    Its lovely - Im kinda jealous. lol

    My blog station is my bed mostly hahaha


    xoxo
    Brett
    www.fashionbybrettrobson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe well the bed is the comfiest beauty :-) xoxo

      Delete
  15. what a great space! I can't wait to have my own little home and set up my creative outlet space haha :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crossing fingers for you pretty hope it happens soon :-) xo

      Delete
  16. Such a great space... perfect atmosphere for blogging especially with the yankee candle touch! I bet the aroma is amazing. xo

    http://diaryofafashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ Indeed it is :) and yes it smells like baked goods yumm I just get hungry all the time ;) xo

      Delete
  17. It really is a special spot hun...I'm sure you'll be spending days and nights there, sooo important to make it work for you!

    Also- I’m hosting a dĂ©cor-to-dress giveaway where 3 winners will WIN a fabulous frock of their choice just in time for the holidays! Hope you’ll stop by to enter the contest!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely ~ Ahhh I do adore spending time here :)
      xo

      Delete
  18. I'm jealous! It's fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a very beautiful and organized desk! And I love the boxes and pretty mug!
    The photo of you and your hubby is gorgeous :)
    best wishes,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your desk area SO MUCH! It's pretty and inspiring. I need something like that as well. How funny, I have the tv on in the background as I write this!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe that's so sweet we're the same then ;) thanks so much xo

      Delete
  21. You're so lucky to have a work station like this!!! Love the color of the wood and how neat and tidy everything is... and the cupcake candle sounds good too!!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dit lyk als sooooo mooi! Ek's ook MAL oor Yankee Candles - verseker die geld werd, hul hou so lank. Ek kan mal raak as ek die verskillende geure ruik en net een moet kies!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stem 100 % saam met jou, ek love yankee's en soos jy se dit hou rerig vereeeeewig hehe ;) xx

      Delete
  23. Whoa. Seriously nice workspace :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...