Monday 28 January 2013

Three Year Wedding Anniversary

Hi my lovelies,

A lot of things happened in 2010, not only was it the Soccer World Cup in South-Africa, but my hubby and I also tied the knot on 30 January 2010.  So on Wednesday we'll be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary.  How exciting!  I feel incredibly blessed to celebrate each year of marriage.

You might ask if I have any words of wisdom or advice?  Really the only thing I can tell you, is marriage is the most amazing and yet most challenging thing in life.  It's incredible, loving and at times heart breaking.  In Shall we Dance Susanne Sarandon's character said it so nicely, she said people get married so we have a witness to our life!

Make your hubby/wife your best friend and your number one, no other relationship with people should be more than important than this.  Make a choice to love each other everyday!  Be kind to everyone else but treat your other half the best.  Learn to be selfless, to say sorry when you haven't done anything, let the small things go, decide which things are worth the fight, but make sure the fight is worth it.  Just know that no marriage is perfect, but the people in it can make it beyond great!  I would not trade in my hubby for anything in the whole wide world, and I pray that we will be Blessed together till our dying day.

Here's a few snippets of our day ~ I hope you enjoy them and beware:  Photo Overload!













 






Dress:  Biji Couture
Venue:  The Moon and Sixpence
Photographer:  Dror Eyal Photography

I hope you enjoyed them ~ and a little exciting news!  My blog is currently being redesigned, I don't want to spill any beans just yet LoL but you can look forward to an amazing and improved look soon which I can't wait to share with you :-)





40 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post and you looked enchanting. Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary!! x

    www.teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such a beautiful bride. Your dress was AMAZING!! Congratulations on your anniversary :)

    Anne
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats beautifull congratszzz i hope i get married one day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wee! You made such a beautiful bride! & happy anniversary in advance. May u and your hubby celebrate many many more anniversaries together

    Xoxo
    Nastassha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aweeee you're making me blush thanks so much! I truly appreciate your message so sweet xoxo

      Delete
  5. Your wedding photos are gorgeous. Congrats to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweetie I appreciate your comment, you always make me smile :-) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Happy Wedding Anniversary!! Your dress is divine and you look stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Beautiful pictures! <3<3

    http://lovesushiandfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos hun! Your dress, the bridesmaid dresses, the flower girls outfit.. ahh! so beautiful! :D Your hubby is very handsome as well. ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Bless you doll ~ Thanks so much. And indeed he is LoL ;) xo

      Delete
  9. The photos are lovely, your dress is stunning :) congrats on 3 years of marriage to you and your husband :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Stunning dress.. Congratulations xxx
    Rushda

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really had a stunning wedding, such a beautiful bride! And you really went against all the odds and now look,already 3 years down the path, congrats my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we did ... Thanks so much my friend I appreciate it xo

      Delete
  12. These photos are really stunning, and you look gorgeous in your dress! Congratulations on 3 years together :)

    Tasha xx
    http://tashalaurencleary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, such beautiful words ad pictures! Lovely post :)

    Michelle x
    http://www.theneverendingwardrobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! I teared up while I was looking at them. LOL I always cry with happiness looking at wedding pics. Congrats to you and your husband on your 3 year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to hear from you sweetie :-) thanks so much and don't worry I'm the same! xoxo

      Delete
  15. Oh what a beautiful bride you were! Absolutely adore the photos here ; really gorgeous, romantic + personal! Perfection! Happy anniversary!

    Sarah
    http://www.theresplentyundertwenty.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah ~ I truly appreciate it!!! Love xoxo

      Delete
  16. Oh wow! You looked absolutely beautiful.. I adore your dress!!! Wow!!! Such amazing photography as well. Congratulations on 3 years, here's to many more years of happiness xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you cuppie cake - Yes we had an amazing photographer thank goodness as the day goes by in a whirl that pics remind us what happened that day ;) xoxo

      Delete
  17. Such a lovely post! I'm in love with your dress, it's beautiful and you look absolutely STUNNING! These are such great romantic photos, Happy Anniversary and i hope you two stay happily married for forevermore! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Bless you darling!! So sweet of you I hope the same for us :) Thanks so much!!! xoxo

      Delete
  18. those pictures are stunning! and your dress is gorgeous! congrats on your 3 years and here's to many more! :)

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. You looked SO stunning, congratulations on your anniversary!! :)
    So glad to see you're back, and I'm in love with your new blog design-it's amazing! <3
    Hope you have a wonderful week =D
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's lovely to "see" you doll hehe ~ thanks so much I appreciate it! And so glad you love the new design. Same to you :-) xoxo

      Delete
  20. Happy wedding anni for last week!
    Sjoe, die foto's is ongelooflik mooi, jy't so pragtig gelyk! Mal oor jou rok en jou hare.
    Nuwe blog design lyk baie mooi!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww dankie baie Jess ek waardeer dit verskriklik baie ;-) xoxo

      Delete
  21. you looked amazing :) trawling through your blog now :) Loved meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...