Monday 8 October 2012

Review: Garnier BB Cream

Hi Beauties,

Unless you've been living under a rock, you would have heard about the much hyped BB creams hitting our shores, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on one of these.  So for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, BB creams are basically inspired from an Asian skincare trend called Blemish Balms or Blemish Base (BB).

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Protector Daily All-in-One B.B. Cream in Colour Light claims to even skin tone, boosts glow, blurs imperfections, smoothes fine lines, is hydrating and offers UV protection and is packed with Vitamin C and Mineral Pigments.

 
 
 
The consistency and coverage is pretty much the same as a tinted moisturiser, but not quite to be compared to one another due to all the added beneficial ingredients in a BB cream.  It is a watery based cream with a slight citrus fragrance, which I found to be rather delicious smelling, but might not be to everyone's taste as the smell do linger a bit on your skin.
 
As for coverage, I do have problem skin with some acne scarring and freckles/redness, with an oily t-zone, and I did not really see a huge difference in hiding these blemishes, however, it did provide a nice primer for my foundation and it definitely had a dewy look.  If you have pretty good skin, you'd be able to get away with wearing the BB cream, a bit of concealer and powder.  I had to use a light layer of my MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 over it, thereafter setting it with some powder.
 
Initially my skin felt good, but within a couple of hours I noticed my skin were very oily, and it also looked like my foundation started to slide off my face, and I got the impression that the BB cream and foundation just did not mix well.  I had to powder my face a couple of times during the day, which I normally only have to do once, and it seemed like it accentuated the pores on my nose too.
 
I do believe that the cream contains some amazing beneficial ingredients, but I would not recommend this if you have oily skin, however, I do feel that this would be perfect for someone that suffers from dry skin.  And perhaps this would be a good product to incorporate in winter months, as my skin tends to be a lot dryer during the colder months.
 
Overall I felt for my skin type it just did not work at all and was slightly dissapointed, I'll definitely be storing this little beauty at the bottom of my drawer for now.
 
If you enjoyed my post, why no subscribe and always stay fabulous?
 


2 comments:

  1. Sorry it did quite work for you :-( Maybe the other brands that are due to come could be better.

    I totally love mine!! Was super pleased that it did not give my oversensitive skin a rash, I would have been devastated! I find I can't use it on its own to moisturize my face. I need to add my normal daily stuff then add this on top

    KateR xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I'm just happy to hear that it works great for you :-) and I also have sensitive skin and this didn't break my out at all. Thanks for your comment x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...