Sunday 14 October 2012

Perfume Collection

Hi Pretties,

A women who doesn't wear perfume, has no future.
~  Coco Chanel  ~

If you've read my About Me section here  you should know that I'm quite the collector of perfumes, and although I love wearing a different one most days, there is a common smell throughout them all, and it's usually vanilla based and sweet smelling.  I'll only be describing my favourite perfumes and will try my best to give you the best and most accurate description.

There is one thing that always makes me notice a women, and that is her perfume.  Have you ever walked somewhere and you get that fantastic whiff of a fragrance, it actually makes you look twice at the women doesn't it, so what better way to get noticed?

My husband actually shares a portion of my perfume tray ;)
 
Top Row from Left to Right:
 
Coco Chanel Mademoiselle
 
Elie Saab
 
Roberto Cavalli
 
Dolce and Gabbana The One
 
Michael Kors Very Hollywood
 
Bottom Row from Left to Right:
 
Taylor Swift Wonderstruck
 
Dior Hypnotic Poison
 
Gucci by Gucci
 


From Left to Right:
 
Pink Sugar
 
Escada Magnetism
 
Gucci Rush
 
Kim Kardashian
 

Top Row from Left to Right:
 
Katy Perry Purr
 
Givenchy Play for Her
 
Ghost
 
Bottom from Left to Right:
 
Harajuku Lovers G
 
Thierry Mugler Alien
Favourites:
 
Roberto Cavalli
 
I adore Mr Cavalli's designs and the sleek but sexy perfume bottle is no exception, and although I've not been fortunate enough to own one of his amazing dresses, at least I feel a tiny bit celebrity-like wearing this.
 
A pungent smell of fruity sweetness with just the slightest hint of musk, a vivid picture of eating fruit salad on a Summer's morning with a slight breeze wafting the scent of fresh bloomed flowers comes to mind.
 
Dior Hypnotic Poison
 
There is a really good reason why this is the favourite amongst many women, myself included,, they could not have chosen a better word for this fragrance because the smell is indeed hypnotic.
 
An immediate hit of vanilla and musk with just a few spritzes will keep you smelling as beautiful as you are the whole day.  It's such a delicate yet strong fragrance, the smells balanced just perfectly, and will make you reach for a whiff constantly.
 
  Dolce & Gabbana The One
 
One of my favourite bottles, I like a perfume that is sleek and stylish, when it comes to perfume packaging the less fuss the better. 
 
A fresh bouquet of floral sweetness hits your nose at first, but settles into a wonderfully vanilla and amber fragrance.  It smells sexy and now I know why they've chosen Brazilian bombshell Gisele Bunchen as their spokeswomen for this perfume.
 
Gucci by Gucci
 
Another sleek bottle of this iconic brand.  This perfume has a slight similarity to the Roberto Cavalli fragrance, and it might be the pungent fruity sweetness that hits you first.  But this settles into a very delicate and wearable fragrance.
 
Harajuku Lovers G
 
How totally cute is the packaging?  Designed by Gwen Stefani this pretty little thing was discovered in the sales section of a local drug store, and I was absolutely delighted to have found such a gem.
 
This fragrance is packed with an overwhelming smell of coconuts, and reminds me of lazy days on the beach with a cocktail in hand, feeling the sun on my body and finding slight relief from the breeze on my skin.  It's basically holiday in a bottle.
 
Pink Sugar
 
Candy and sweets in a bottle, there is no better way for me to describe this scent as being in a candy shop, with smells of candyfloss, cupcakes and other delicious sweet treats wafting your way.  It's a very strong fragrance initially, but once settled into your sweet, leaves you with just the slightest scent of deliciousness.
 
Escada Magnetism
 
This has been a firm favourite for years, and although only available at selected stores I will do whatever I can to keep this in my collection. 
 
A beautiful black current, vanilla and musk blend, not too sweet but beautifully balanced with just the right amount of aromas to keep you wanting more.  A little goes a long way, and it indeed settles into a magnetic fragrance on your skin.
 
The Storage Unit:
 
 
I hope you enjoyed these, let me know which perfumes are your favourites, as I'm always on the lookout for new ones to add to my collection?

 
 

10 comments:

  1. Its a shame to hid your perfume away in a cupboard because these days the designers are going all out with the bottles!

    I want to get the Katy Perry perfume purely for the bottle lol!!

    Gorgeous collection you have :-)

    KateR xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely deserves a display cabinet for sure ;) the bottle is really cute plus it's a really lovely smell, quite similar to the Escada Magnetic in the sense that there is a berry smell. I have to admit that it is my favourite celebrity perfume :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm big on perfumes too, I love the different bottles that designer's come up with. I really want to get Marc Jacobs daisy, even though it's been out a while, I think it's timeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I love the Marc Jacobs perfume bottles, they're super pretty, although I'm not the biggest fan of the smell it's a bit too floraly for me, I think it is worth having in your collection anyway :)

      Delete
  4. Gosh, your storage unit is so cute.
    I love perfumes as well, my favourite one is Givenchy dahlia Noir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I love it too, anything vintage by me is fine ;) hehe. The play is the first Givenchy perfume I tried and it was a gift, but I love all the new suggestions as I'm always looking out for new perfumes to try on :)

      Delete
  5. I have the Kim Kardashian and Escada perfume! Kim K. is my everyday perfume! I am obsessed with it!

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

    xo,
    Deanne
    http://Myfashavenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you're welcome :) thanks to you too! The Escada is definitely my fave, there's a new Escada one in a pink bottle, can't remember what it's called now but it smells really pretty too. xx

      Delete
  6. Where did you buy your Harajuku Lovers perfume? I've been looking for one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there ~ I got it from clicks, they used to sell them but not anynymore. I don't know where I'm going to get it from when it's finished :( so sorry I couldn't help!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...