Sunday 14 October 2012

Review: Catrice ~ Meet Me at Coral Island

Hi Dolls,

I've been a fan of Catrice cosmetics for quite some time, I love that it is affordable and such good quality, plus they have an amazing selection of colours and cosmetics to choose from, so really, there's no reason not to like these little beauties.

I tend to change my nail polish quite often, at least once a week, and find it's a really easy way to update an outfit or make it a little bit more fabulous.  I was absolutely drawn to this nail polish, especially being in the perfect coral colour, which you should know is really trendy for summer.

Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in 030 Meet Me at Coral Island
 
The nail polish has an amazing applicator and two swipes will suffice to cover the entire nail, the consistency is also not too thick which makes for an easy application.  It is relatively pigmented but two coats are needed to get full colour pay-off.  However, the deal breaker was the length of time it took for two thin applications to dry.  After an hour and 1/2 of waiting, I felt it should've been enough time to dry properly, however, after I took a bath my nails were all messed up.  It's imperative that a nail polish has a quick drying time for me, also if I need an emergency nail colour change, I want to know that I can do that in a jiffy. 
 
So although I really do adore the colour and general application of this nail polish, it really let me down in terms of drying times, I do feel it a bit ridiculous having to wait for 2 hours or more for nail polish to dry.
 
For now I'll stick with 3 brands I can count on to dry within 15 - 20 minutes:  OPI, Essie and Revlon.
 
If you enjoyed my post, why not subscribe and always stay fabulous?
 

2 comments:

  1. I sorry but anything over 20 minutes is just too long to wait! Even if you were a lady of leisure, waiting 2 hours would be overkill.

    Another quick drying product is the Essence range. I find my nails to be dry in about 15 minutes or less. Essence also has great drying drops so maybe look out for those. They have been a life saver for me!

    KateR xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you, I repainted my nails in Essie Jam n Jelly and took like an hour, base coat and top coat included :)

    As you know I'm a total fanatic of the Essence range LoL, am definitely going to look out for those drops, thanks so much Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...