Sunday 17 February 2013

Review: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette {Updated}

Hi Pretties,

Hoping you had a fantastic weekend?  Mine was so nice, it had the perfect balance of being busy and relaxing, although I had hoped for a rainy day so I could watch movies and cuddle LoL, but those days are few and far between in South-Africa, so instead I settled for a braai with the fam.

I had been eyeing one of these beauties forever!  And I'm sure my fellow SA cosmetic junkies know what a struggle it is to get Urban Decay products here, so imagine my delight when I found an online store who imports them. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
PS:  Excuse the bit of dirt on the palette ... at least you know that I have actually used them LoL ;)
 
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
R250.00 Total (No import duties/taxes paid)
Available from World of Glamour
 
This is one of my go-to palettes, and I'm loving the fact that most of these shades have replaced MAC ones I had, best of all ~ Urban Decay is cruelty free! 
 
There are 12 shades in total, 3 matte shades and the rest are shimmery/glittery, with a full size crease and shadow brush.  It's the perfect travelling companion, not only does it offer so many possibilities with a mirror included, but the packaging is made from a steel type material, which is also perfect to clean with a wipe of a wet cloth.  I don't know if my make-up collection is the only one that gets a bit dirty, so being able to just wipe it all off is a bonus. 
 
I'll give you a quick run-down of the shades from left to right:
 
Foxy ~ A yellow toned matte shade perfect for highlighting your brow-bone.
 
Half Baked ~ My favourite shade to use on the inner lower lid, it's a beautifully speckled golden shadow, and would be the perfect companion for blondes with green/blue eyes. 
 
Bootycall ~ This is my go to highlighting shade, I've used most of it already, it's just so pretty and the perfect champagne shade, with just enough shimmers in it to give you that glowy look.
 
Chopper ~ One of my go to shades!  I'm in love with this, it's a very pigmented copper shadow and very shimmery, I use this all over my lower eyelid for a bit of a different smokey look, or if I need to be more neutral I use it in the corners only.
 
Tease ~ The perfect blending shadow!  Use this to either highlight or point out your crease area, basically what this does is either show you the highest point your shadow must go, whether you use a corner shadow only or all over the lower eyelid area, and also helps tremendously to blend your eyeshadow so it doesn't show any harsh lines.  A blending shade is a must.
 
Snakebite ~ This is a very dark brown/bronze colour with a light shimmer, I love using this on the outer corners.
 
Suspect ~ A very light, shimmery grey/brown shade, perfect if you want more of a natural look.
 
Pistol ~ A pretty grey shimmery shade, perfect for creating a day time smokey effect.
 
Verve ~ Together with suspect and pistol the perfect companion for those gals who prefer a more natural look, it's a very light shade of grey/brown with just the slightest of shimmers.
 
YDK ~ Again, one of my go to shades, a gorgeous bronze glittery shadow, very similar to Chopper, but not as golden.  It goes perfectly with Half baked and busted, and I've basically been wearing that colour combination most of the time.
 
Busted ~ I adore this colour!  It's a beautiful glittery maroon/dark brown shade, I love this to create smokey looks or if I'm going for a bit more of a dramatic effect, can also be used as an eyeliner.
 
Blackout ~ This is one of the matte shades, it's black, not really a lot to say about it, but it's the perfect shade to end such a versatile palette.
 
I'm completely in love with this, all of the shadows are really pigmented and not too powdery (which means less fallout and mess if you've already done your foundation), I just love the fact that it's an all in one in so many different ways, and it's a definite staple in your make-up collection.
 
Have you tried any of the Urban Decay palettes, or any other ones you prefer?
 
UPDATE:
 
A very kind reader Jen, informed me that my Urban Decay palette is fake!  Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.
 
I was blissfully unaware that this is a counterfeit product {it looks so real honestly the packaging is really good quality and no spelling mistakes}, I have seen so many swatches of the shadows, and I have to say that this is probably one of the best copies out there.  However, I was utterly disgusted and disappointed when I found out, especially because I supported this brand as they are cruelty free, and I'm sure that this palette have undergone animal testing, that makes me feel very nauseous.
 
I contacted World of Glamour to express my concerns, and here is an extract of their statement (full statement available upon request):
 
 "Our supplier ensured us that the Naked Palette's were authentic, unfortunately we didn't do the research like you did which was very unprofessional of us. Looking at the links you have sent us we can now see the big difference between the real thing and what we have sold you.

We apologise greatly and you will be glad to know that we are removing all products from that supplier from our website/online store. We are just as furious about this and will be taking matters further with our supplier (reporting them to authorities), we will no longer be dealing with them."
 
They offered me a refund which I opted for, and will return the product back to them as I have no use for it now, which I think is an outstanding thing to do, and I completely understand that mistakes and errors happen, I love how fast they reacted to my complaint and am very happy that they won't be supporting this supplier anymore.
 
I also wanted to apologise from my side ~ so sorry if I mislead any of my beauties! x x x




29 comments:

  1. What a palette! Love the golden colours would go great with my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette - it has been my everyday go-to for months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your run down of the different shades really useful :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favourite makeup palette!! I wear those all the time!

    Great post pretty lady!

    xo
    Deanne

    MyFashAvenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh i've been told about how good this is a few times! it is a very lovely palette. it's definitely on my to buy list for when i next go shopping!

    xo,
    Hazene
    http://www.hazene.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZOMG I'm actually tempted to purchase this palette. A while back I looked for it in SA. When I do wear make up it's predominantly nude colours. *Must not tempt myself*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments :-) I feel a tad weird replying to each because I don't know what to say LoL ... hope you saw the update. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How frustrating! I LOVE this palette, I can't imagine getting a fake! At least the company was nice enough to offer your refund!

    sarahseebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it sucks totally, but you're right, I was glad that they refunded me :-)

      Delete
  9. That's so awful about the fake! Of course I have the luxury of buying from UD directly in the US, but it's such a gamble for non-US beauties! I'm very impressed with WoG's customer service though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I so wish UD was easily available here. But yes, they did a great job of fixing the problem :-) x

      Delete
  10. Aw no that's awful! I wanted to get the naked palette from them... And the worst part, is that if a reader didn't say anything you would have been totally unaware!
    At least they are giving you a refund. Still, what a shame! The palette is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry lovely! I felt terrible, honestly, but I'm so grateful that Jen informed me. If I do find a place that sells the real deal I'll let you know :-) x

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear it's a fake- what a shame! At least they've stopped stocking them so no one else can buy them, I dread to think how they are manufactured x

    January Girl ♥ Nails Inc + Eylure Giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe ~ I know that's at least a good thing. Shudder, I can't think about it-it makes me feel slightly ill :/ x x

      Delete
  12. So glad I saw this, was considering getting it through their sight to then decided to google a bit to verify their site and landed up here. So shocking, think I will wait until I head over to the UK again and get it there rather then rely on importers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so glad you saw my post before you bought it babe!! Please contact me, if you head over to the UK I'd love for you to buy me one too please? At least that way I'll know it's legit :) x

      Delete
  13. I would never of been able to tell if this was a fake either. The company were so good for refunding you, I wish more companies had great customer service like that. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, yes I totally agree with you, I didn't even have to fight with them to get a refund hehe ;) x

      Delete
  14. Hi,
    Just wondering - since I bought mine online too - how can you tell it's fake?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, first thing the packaging should be clear, and it must come with a mini lipgloss. The writing wasn't aligned properly, when I had a close look I could see for example the word half baked wasn't aligned centre but kind of went into the next shading. I also couldn't use the mirror, the mirro r had a weird "stretched" look. Also on the back it had a quote about beauty or something, it was on the back of the palette, can't remember what is was as I returned the palette but the original doesn't have any quote on the back.

      Hope I've helped! :-) x x

      Delete
  15. hi
    could you tell me how to know if its a fake one? thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG ! I allllllmost brought a fake one !!! PHEW ! thank goodness i read this post before doing anything ~~ Thanks sweetie ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I helped babe! How terrible that we can be conned so easily grrrr ~ but glad you read this before you got it :-) x x

      Delete
  17. Hiya, how you knew that this palette was fake? I ordered one from the Official Site, now I'm afraid :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yip there is a note on the post to advise it's fake ;)

      Delete
  18. Hi

    The naked 2 and 3 are now available on rubybox for R699.99 and are genuine urban decay products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's such a good price, I've seen some of them going for R1200! I'm going over there right now, tx for letting me know!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...