Friday 14 November 2014

OOTD: Day Time LBD

Hi Dolls,

I hope you've enjoyed the lovely rainy weather we had in South Africa this week?  I absolutely love love this type of weather, not all the time of course but now and again it's really nice, and I then indulge in a day long You Tube marathon when I'm not working, and thanks to all the rain we have our fluffy grass back and our garden is looking fabulous!

Dress and Shoes - Mr Price   |   Makeup:  Used the NYX Spring Fling Palette on my eyes - NYX is available at selected Clicks stores   |   Kangol - Time to Shine Bronzer (Review)   |   Kardashian Beauty Lip Gloss (Review)

There's no filter on the face of the day photo as I wanted to show you true colors of the makeup (as I always do with makeup and product photos, I never filter them I may just adjust the lighting if it's too dark), anyway, I'm not scared of makeup.  The more the better, throw it all on - lol kidding, but let's just say I'm not afraid of wearing colors on my eyes or go for a dramatic day time look (as I'm typing this post my eyes are bedazzled with a dark purple/blue smokey eye slap bang in the middle of the day).  I feel like once you get over that initial fear, as well as all the rules that people used to associate with makeup, you can have fun with it - honestly, if you're a novice give it a try, put a color on your eyelid and pair it with a neutral brown/bronze and you're good to go, the more you wear it the more confidence you'll get.  I absolutely adore the green in the NYX spring fling palette, in fact I've worn all the colors and love them equally, it's really beautiful and the shadow is very buttery and pigmented, I wear it over the NYX white eye shadow base which helps to intensify the color.  

It's a really nice eye look with the little black dress, how beautiful is the cut out details at the top?  So as you may know already, I'm petite and pear shaped, and this dress is perfect for pear shaped women, it's fitted at the top which makes your bust appear a bit larger (goodness knows I need it, and btw don't pay attention to my bra-dent, for some reason it appears in photo's and not in real life, not sure if it's a shadow causing it or what but nevertheless), cinched in at the waist with a belt and flaring out at the bottom which gives your curves a softness and is very flattering.  

I then wore these really pretty and colorful shoes, it's fun and it gives me height (plus they're comfy - bonus).

On a side note I totally need to get my hair trimmed again, my hair have always grown really fast, but now that it's short it seems to get out of style really quickly and I do have to go every single month.  Not that I'm complaining, I'm totally loving my short hair, and next time want to go shorter in the back but keep the length in the front so it's more asymmetrical from the side ala Victoria Beckham.

Hope you have an awesome Friday!

Love,

7 comments:

  1. Love your make up , love that you are daring with colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ahh bless right back at you! Thanks beaut :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Very pretty dress. Have the same wedges but have hardly worn them, must whip them out again this summer :)

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike :-) they're not the most comfy but luckily I don't walk a lot at walk so it's perfect :-) x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...