Sunday 2 June 2013

OOTD: Mint and Movie Madness

Hi Lovely Gals,

This weekend truly is movie madness, yesterday (which is when this outfit post was taken), we saw Hangover Part 3, it's so funny and if you're a fan of the franchise I'd highly recommend that you see it!  Honestly, I'm always a bit sceptic when it comes to the 2nd or 3rd sequel of an awesome movie, but this one was just as funny as the first two, especially with a very unexpected end.  Anyway, today we're going to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I think the last really awesome horror movie I saw at the cinema was Paranormal Activity, I'm quite a horror movie buff (read my about section here ), they really need to know what they're doing in order for me to be chuffed, so I'm going in with high hopes today and will let you know if it's worth the watch.
Here's my babies!  Aren't they just the cutest, I cannot imagine my life without them, each one of them have their own personality, they're different just like us humans are, never just assume that because they're just a dog/cat/bird etc. that they're all the same and they have no emotion or feelings, I assure you they do ~ they experience loss and pain the exact same way we do.  It's an unfortunate reality that I like animals more than most people, being involved with various shelters which I'll still post about, one gets to see raw human cruelty, I also can't help it but I tend to greet animals before humans LoL, I'm just drawn to them and I don't question why God gave me such passion for them, I also believe that He created them for a purpose, as humans we all crave to be unconditionally loved and that is a love you'll only ever get from a pet.  Yesterday morning we made a quick visit to our vet just to give our babies a quick check-up, and there was this gorgeous poodle, she sat next to what I assumed is her owner, so posh and statuesque, until I heard that she's up for adoption and she's 13 years old, her owners had died in a tragedy and she was left with no one :'( her last years will be spent in a Foster home, so please!  Make sure you nominate someone to take care of your furries in case something were ever to happen to you.
 
Until one has loved an animal a part of ones soul remains unawakened.

Whoever said "Diamonds are a girls best friend" never owned a dog.
Unknown

Jersey / Jumper:  Fashion Express
Jeans:  Sissy Boy
Knee High Boots (Last season unfortunately can't remember where it's from)
Necklaces:  Mr Price
Handbag:  Blackcherry Bag Exotic Skin PU Structured Bag Dirty Pink available from Zando R419.00 here *
 
Textured bags are all the rage this winter, it's a really easy way to spruce up an outfit, and take what could be a drab to a fab outfit just with one amazing piece like this.  I adore this Blackcherry handbag, if you're not familiar with this brand you're missing out, I also recently found this gorgeous cream and gold bag, there is definitely something for every taste, style and wallet size ;) so if you're on a budget you will find a beautiful piece.
 
I paired it with this pastel aztec print jumper, how cute is this knitted beauty?  I kept my accessories to the minimum to show off this handbag to the max, and just wore a few dainty necklaces.  On to my next favourite piece for winter, these stylish and sexy knee high boots!  These boots could be utterly gorgeous but also utterly hideous if worn wrong, you don't want to look like a lady of the night ;) so find a pair with no platforms and a medium length heel, also steer clear of bright colours and invest in a black, grey or brown/taupe colour.  They are my favourite pair though and I love wearing them with an awesome tee and some leg warmers just peeking out at the top, or a gorgeous top with a fab blazer for nights out.
 
Hope you have an awesome and Blessed Sunday lovelies! 


20 comments:

  1. Babe you look GORGEOUS!!! And that jumper, OMG I'm in LOVE!!
    I have to have it immediately! Lol, did you buy it recently? :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hunni - I replied on your tweet :-) x x

      Delete
  2. Looking beautiful as always! And your babies are cuteness! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, I'll be sure to tell them ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. seriously love every detail of this outfit!!! You look positively gorgeous but warm and cosey too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate, I truly appreciate it! Yip it's a really cosey jumper :) x

      Delete
  4. Your bag is gorgeous, and your dogs are adorableeeeee <3 xxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma ~ they're going to love all the kind comments they're getting today ;) x x

      Delete
  5. You look so lovely, mint suits you so well!
    And I love your post, I'm an animal person too- I've always had a passion for them as well (at one stage I had about fifteen bunnies hehe) The poodle sounds lovely, I hope the rest of her years are happy and filled with love!
    Love your bag too-the colour is stunning:) Have a wonderful week <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nikki :-) I'm so happy that you love animals too cause you're just such a fab girl! Wow 15 bunnies hey, some people would say wow that's a lot, but I'd day more love to you! I'd have a whole farm if my hubby allowed it. Hope you have an awesome week x x x

      Delete
  6. You look so sexy and your bag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfits and that bag is beautiful! Glad you had a great time at the movies. I haven't seen those two yet. Have a great week doll!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim, hope you have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by :-) x x x

      Delete
  8. Honey you look amazing ! loving that knit top , I am just as wary with sequels they often don't live up to par but glad to hear hangover 3 was a good one , your dogs are gorgeous . Have a beautiful Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much babe, the top seems to be very popular and rightly so. Thanks so much they are so cute and I love them so much :-) x x x

      Delete
  9. Lovely outfit and I seriously want that knitted op ;)

    Mel
    http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel :) I'll pass it to you when I'm done with it ;) hie hie x x

      Delete
  10. You are so gorgeous, just as your outfit. Your dogs are just to adorable! xoxo
    Lovee, Kierra Makayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love ~ Oh but they are :) x x x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...