Thursday 30 April 2015

Review and Swatches: The Balm Nude'Tude Eyeshadow Palette

Hi Beauties,

YouTube is both a curse and wonder for me, as I find so many amazing brands that I never knew about, and on the other hand I lust after all these brands that I cannot seem to get my hands on (Too Faced *cough*) lol.

So many people have raved about The Balm, so when Retailbox launched this palette, I had to get my hands on it with the Mary Lou-Manizer.

The Balm Nude'Tude Eyeshadow Palette - RetailBox
Burst Studio Makeup Brushes - Burst Studio  *Sponsored Product*

If you're looking for cool toned eyeshadows, this should be right up your alley.  These are all natural earthy colours, and you'll be able to create so many different looks.  From natural day time to full on glam.

PS - Sorry that I photographed dirty brushes ;) I suppose I wanted to show you that I actually use them haha. But seriously, these are the best makeup brushes and they're right up there with Sigma and MAC, and I used these 4 to create the eye look shown here.

I know it's such a cliche to say that a shadow is buttery soft, what other word describes it best?  And that's exactly what these eyeshadows feel like, my fingers just glide over them.  They're all true to the colour in the pan, but as with most eyeshadows in this category, there is some fallout but not too much - and what I mean is that you'll be able to easily swipe away the little bit that has fallen out without ruining the whole look.

This palette has both shimmery and matte eyeshadows, and I like that some of the darker eyeshadows like Silly has a bit of shimmer in it.  Once applied you don't actually see glitter, it just helps create shadow/depth in a look.  Another way to use darker shadows is to create a smokey liner instead of using a pencil or liquid eyeliner, you just spray a bit of Fix+ or another setting spray on an angled brush, dip it into the darker shade and apply as you would a liner.  This is really an awesome method if you're not into a heavy makeup look, shadows looks more wearable and softer - so give it a try if you haven't.

The white colour called Sassy is by far one of my favourite white shimmery shadows!  I love creating a smokey eye, and this is so stunning on the eyelid, with Selfish in the crease and outer corner and then you go full glam and smoke it out with Serious.  It's a stunning look and I love wearing this on a night out or for date nights.

How cool is the names of all the shadows - and you'll notice they all start with an S.  Awesome indeed.

If you're an eyeshadow hoarder like I am, I would highly recommend this, just because you can create a full eye-look with all of these shadows together, but because they're "basic" shadows you can incorporate them with other eye shadows for different looks.  If you're anything like me I'm sure you feel like you can never have enough lol.  


6 comments:

  1. This palette looks amazing. I am putting it on my wish list. Love the look you created with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such gorgeous shades - I like stand offish

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's also a firm fave for me :-) it's really pretty!

      Delete
  3. I definitely don't need another eyeshadow palette but this is so gorgeous that I feel I need to add it to my cart one day too!

    XoXo One Stiletto At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you haha but who can resist though? Makeup junkie problems right.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...