Saturday 23 March 2013

{Review} Montagne Jeunnesse Break-Out Mask

Hi my Lovelies,

It's basically law, well not really but you'll get my drift hehe ;) , that I do a huge pamper sesh every Sunday afternoon into the evening, which involves everything from doing nails to scrubs and of course a lovely mask.  I can't believe it's taken me this long to blog about a brand that I have adored for such a long time.
Montagne Jeunesse Break-Out Mask - Clicks (They're approx. R25.00 but do check out the specials at Clicks especially the 3 for 2):
 
For problem skin, Prone to Eruptions ~ With Tea Tree and Willowherb
 
This amazing mask has two stages:
 
STAGE 1 - Cleansing Mud Mask:
 
A mud mask fusion of calming tea tree and soothing Canadian Willowherb to remove and unblock pores, with Witch Hazel to calm skin.
 
*  This mask should actually be considered more of an exfoliator, I didn't use an exfoliater beforehand as I don't want to aggrevate my skin.  Basically you cleanse your face, apply, and relax for 15 - 20 minutes, it's absolute bliss!
 
The mask has a lovely lime smell, which feels very calming and soothing, it's also a gorgeous mint-green colour, so I felt as pretty as one could possibly feel walking around the house like this ;)
 
After I removed the mask with lukewarm water and a cloth, my skin looked and felt very refreshed, and also almost no redness.
 
STAGE 2 - Rapid Action Moisturiser:
 
Moisturiser with Tea Tree and calming Canadian Willowherb.
 
*  After purifying your skin, this calming moisturiser is applied in a massage motion and left to deeply moisturise your skin, my face felt incredibly smooth and plump, and I had a really glowy complexion.
 
Now you know the best bit of all?  Is going to sleep with all of the goodness on your skin, and waking up the next morning to really see the benefits ... and I woke to skin that looked calm and even, which is such a massive improvement because I not only have sensitive and the start of a mature skin, but also skin prone to break-outs and redness, if you have any troubles with your skin, I would highly advise you give this a try.
 
I have used almost all of the different types in this range, but I have to say this one and the chocolate one is my favourite ones.  Did you know they're also cruelty free and vegetarian?  In their own words:
 
"We're vegetarian and animals are our friends - that's why we don't bash bunnies or add bits of animals!"
 
I love their philosophy and I urge other brands to follow in their footsteps and do the right thing.


18 comments:

  1. I do love a good Montagne Jeunesse mask! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their range of masks, but I've not tried this one yet. It sound so lovely.. xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're the best masks, this one is good for someone with problem skin like me :-) x x x

      Delete
  3. Love your blog even more now... Its really pretty and chic... Great post to*

    http://channichic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that not what Sundays are for ?? hehe great review.

    xo Meg<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used one of their masks a while back. It was the Amore Rose one. It stung so bad while it was on my face. I did however find out afterwards that it was meant for ethnic skins, so maybe my skin was too sensitive for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, they do state on the packs which skin type it's for, honestly, I have very sensitive skin and the this one plus the chocolate mask have not irritated my skin whatsoever :)

      Delete
  6. I love the Montagne Jeunesse, they make my skin feel so soft and squeaky clean :) x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO thrilled to have found your blog! Yay for SA bloggers :)
    I've always wanted to try this face mask.
    xxx
    http://blog.diamondsanddust.co.za/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hunni ~ absolutely horrayy for my follow SA beauts :) x x

      Delete
  8. nice review ive always seen thismask but was doubted to try it i will deffo do so now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're worth it, give the chocolate one a go if you're into sweet things :-) x

      Delete
  9. I love love love these face masks! <3 and once again a fabulous blog post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...