Saturday 16 March 2013

Review: African Extracts Rooibox Anti Ageing Eye-Cream




Hi my Loves,

I hope you all had an amazing week?

Last night and this morning it's been raining in Joburg, and I'm in heaven.  Yeah I know that my beauties from the cold and rainy regions of the world might wonder about my sanity LoL, but I assure you I'm perfectly fine, I just adore rainy days, maybe they remind me of my days as an expat in the UK ;)

Anyway ~ I've never tried any products from African Extracts Rooibos skincare line, and the other day I was browsing around in Clicks, and this little beauty caught my eye.  If you're also in your 30's, you'll know that suddenly you have little lines appearing, and mine is mostly based on my forehead and under eye area, so I am always looking for a miracle cream, I also suffer from a bout of dark circles which I know is not sleep related, so I couldn't wait to try this one out:
 
 
African Extracts Rooibos Anti-Ageing Regenerating Triple-Action Eye Cream (what a mouthful LoL) ~ Clicks, I can't remember the exact price but was definitely under R100
 
Claims to be:
 
*  Anti-Wrinkle
*  Anti-Shadow
*  Anti-Puffiness
 
Let me start off by mentioning the most important ingredient in this product which is the Rooibos herb extracts, if you don't know anything about Rooibos I'll give you a little snippet:  It's South-Africa's best kept secret (thus far LoL), mainly used to make teas, it comes in little tea bags as normal teas does, is considered a herbal tea but very rich in anti-oxidants and also caffeine free, so if you need to up your intake of water, I highly suggest drinking rooibos tea, it's also an amazing tea to have with a bit of honey especially if you feel a bit flu-ish with a sore throat.
 
I love the little bottle, it's so chic and pretty.  The eye cream has a really nice consistency with a thick enough formula that feels more "body butter" like than runny.  You only need a dab on your ring finger for each eye {when you work around your eye area, be very careful not to tug or pull on the skin, as it's very thin and sensitive}, the first few nights I used this I experienced a slight burning sensation ~ I know you're thinking oohhh that sounds bad.  But honestly, it wasn't a hot burning sensation but felt more like an "active ingredient" feel, as if the product is actually working, it only lasted a few seconds though so I persisted with the product to see if it was an allergic reaction or not.  And glad to report it wasn't!  I'm not sure why it happened, but I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and not experiencing it anymore.
 
Anti-ageing products is something one needs to use for a relatively long time and with persistence to see results, so I can't comment on that yet, but my eyes feel very moisturised, it absorbs within a minute or two which also makes it a good product to use in the mornings, I am happy to say that I have noticed a difference in my under eye-circles.  They've not vanished completely, but they're definitely at least a shade or two lighter (hoorrayy).
 
Best bit of all?!  They're cruelty FREE!
 
I'm so happy that I tried out this nifty little beaut and now I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of them :-)
 
Have a beautiful Saturday my lovelies!


3 comments:

  1. I am dying to try the organic Deborah Mitchell Bee Venom Eye cream from the UK. I am going to order some next month. I know what you mean about the slight burning, I also get it when I start a new product and then it goes away. I had the same thing with my La Prairie eye cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome, do you know if the bee vonom is cruelty free though? Oohh lucky you, La Prairie is like the Birkin of products hehe ;) thanks for stopping by :-) x

      Delete
  2. I love your animal cruelty free blog! I haven't tried the African Extracts Eye Cream before, but I have been using their Hand and Nail Cream for the last 3weeks. It also has that Body Butter feeling to it, but absorbs really quickly. I love it. And it has made a huge difference to my unattractive cuticles. I don't think I'll be using another hand cream any time soon. Thanks for all your tips and insights. Especially the hair products. You are saving us all a lot of money on products that isn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...