Wednesday 27 March 2013

Recipe Time ~ Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

Hi Beauties,

I hope you're all having an amazing week so far?  Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days, my work is so hectic right now, when I end up at home after cleaning and cooking I'm knackered to be honest, but totally looking forward to the long weekend and you can be sure I'll be posting loads :-)

For those in the Southern Hemisphere, we're going into Fall and to be honest I can already see the season changing, it's getting dark really early at night, and there's quite a chill in the air.  So I really wanted to try this recipe, which I know you might find a bit strange here on my little bloggy hehe but I really wanted to share it with you {and I saw so many different versions on YouTube}:
Ingredients:
 
Milk
Chocolate (You can choose any brand you like, I used a milky one which is sweeter, but
if you want it a bit more bitter go for a dark Lindt chocolate)
Peanut Butter (Smooth)
Whipped Cream
Marshmallows
Biscuits (optional)
 
*  Please excuse my vague explanation of measurements, I tend to cook/bake by guessing (it's kind of a splash of this and a pinch of that LoL) and rarely use measuring cups.
 
Boil milk over medium heat setting in a pot, I used two cups of milk, boil until it simmers, then break off a few pieces of chocolate and drop it into the simmering milk, take a tablespoon of peanut butter and mix in with the milk, slowly whisk mixture until chocolate and peanut butter has been melted, I suggest tasting as you go along, some people might want more chocolate other more peanut butter, so trust your taste buds but be careful ... it's hot!
 
Pour it into a pretty or cute cup (mandatory LoL), use a generous amount of whipped cream and top with yummy marshmallows ~ put your feet up on the couch and Enjoy!
 
Prep Time:  10 Minutes (Max)
 
It truly is such a delicious treat, but it is quite rich so I do suggest having smaller cups than the one I tried, which I couldn't even finish ;) ... I just know this is going to be my winter treat, and there are so many amazing variations/flavours you can try:
 
~  Whip a bit of peanut butter with the whipped cream to make it extra peanut buttery.
 
~  You can add a cinnamon stick to the milk and / or sprinkle a bit on top of the whipped cream.
 
~  Add a vanilla pod to the milk.
 
~  Replace the marshmallows with bits of chocolate or crumbled shortbread.
 
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please let me know if you do try it out :-)



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... this is like heaven in a cup! WOW you have a Woolworths there.. we used to have one, but it didn't sell food :)) xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is ~ I'm a huge woolies fan LoL ;) especially for someone as undomesticated as me hehe x x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...