Monday 20 April 2015

Beauty Roundup ft. Garnier, Revlon & Almay

Hi Lovely Friends,

I hope you had a great weekend?!

I've decided to start a roundup series for all mini product reviews/introductions, instead of doing a gazillion reviews, I'll select which ones I think you'll enjoy the best.

So the first beauty roundup (it's more beautiful things instead of just beauty), features some exciting new products.

iPad Air Forever New Cover
My hubby recently surprised me with an iPad, I've worked on my Sony Vaio for years and it started giving me problems, plus, it's way more convenient to blog on an iPad. Anyway, I got this pretty cover from Forever New for R195 - what a bargain. It's a gorgeous coral-pink and the inside is creamy white with gold polka dots.

Garnier Fresh Radiance Boosting Scrub Wake me Up
Although I love the Placecol scrub I wrote about here for a quick scrub down this is a firm fave! Sometimes I have quite a bumpy nose due to whiteheads, it's not cute at all, a quick scrub with this leaves me with baby smooth skin.  It's suitable for sensitive skin and smells INCREDIBLE, like zesty orange (the refreshing kind).

Revlon Photoready Eye Art (Lid, Line & Lash)
I was so excited to give this a try! I looooove shimmer, and don't listen to people that tell you shimmer is not for people over 30 - you don't need that negativity in your life ;) but seriously, don't turn into and old fartsy girl. Rules are meant to be broken, so....this products has 2 ends.  1 End is the shadow, which is creamy and has a slight shimmer to it.  It doesn't crease and is very pigmented, looks the same colour as in the tube.  The other end is the glitter, you can use this all over the creamy eyeshadow, as a liner or over another eyeshadow.  I wore the Fuchsia Flash on Sunday and paired it with MAC Sable in the crease, and it looks stunning!
* Sponsored Product *

Almay Longwear Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads
My mom told me these are really great, so I tried it out myself and it works like a charm.  I use a pad on each eye and let it sit for a bit so the product seeps in, it has a oily texture and it comes with 80 pads. It removes makeup in a jiffy, so this is one of those products that will be a staple for me.
* Sponsored Product *

Revlon Photoready Kajal Eye Pencil
These pencils are buttery soft! It glides on, and it's so important to use pencils like these as they don't tug on the delicate eye area.  Plus, they smudge so easily which is what the sponge tip on the other side is for.  You van do a smokey eye on the top and make it a wearable daytime look by smudging it out.  I always do it with my bottom liner as I don't want harsh lines.  The grey colour called Matte Charcoal (btw these are totally matte no gloss!) is such a great alternative to black, it's not as harsh, and the green colour called Matte Marine will look fabulous on the bottom line paired with a brown/taupe/bronze/golden eyelid, this is the easiest way to incorporate colour in your makeup look.
* Sponsored Product *

Hope you find some new products to try out!

Have an amazing week!  We're off to Umhlanga this week for some beach time to catch the last bit of sun...so needless to say we'll be counting the days this week!

14 comments:

  1. The ipad forever new cover is so pretty!!! In love with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elrese,
    hope you are well :) Thanks for stopping by my blog recently!
    Love the hot pink cover and those eye make up remover pads sound great!
    Have a wonderful time at the beach,
    hugs Duni x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duni, it's a pleasure it's nice to get back into reading blogs again :-) we'll def enjoy the holiday thanks so much! xo

      Delete
  3. Those eye makeup remover pads are great! This is a fabulous round-up!
    Hope you had a terrific weekend sweetie!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used them for a couple of days now, and they remove everything, plus I use the oily residue as a moisturizer so that's nice. Thanks very much - hope you have a FAB one too x

      Delete
  4. Forever New has the best and the cutest tech cases ever!

    XoXo One Stiletto At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always by my cellphone covers from them, they really have the cutest ones! I saw a black with a chain/bow cover but they didn't have for the ipad :(

      Delete
  5. Oohh that teal pencil looks great - so fun for summer!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like some great products! I love the look of the black and turquoise eyeliner, they probably come out great together. Just stumbled upon your blog and I'd love for us to keep in touch -following now via GFC and bloglovin'!

    icantaffordmylifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...