Tuesday 5 May 2015

Firm Favourite: MAC Fix+

Hi Dolls,

I hope you're doing well?

We went on a family vacay last week down to KZN, and it was so lovely!  You would never think they're having fall weather over there, it feels like middle of summer for me, and everybody dresses so casual - the vibe down there is just awesome and I miss it already!

Anyway, this is another product that I've been using for years.  It's absolutely a firm favourite with me that I've repurchased constantly.

MAC Prep & Prime Fix+ - R235.00 / 100ml

I've read that this makes some people breakout, I have sensitive skin that is prone to acne breakouts and I've never had any, but I suppose it differs for everyone.  On top of that I do have combination skin (that is drier in winter times), with an oily t-zone, and I don't find that this makes me more oily than when I don't use it (it will give you a glow after your sprayed it on but it's not oily).  I just had to address some concerns first because I know that these are common problems that a lot of women seem to have.

You may think that this is a product for setting makeup, which it is, but there are tons more uses!

I use this as a primer, especially during times when my skin feels very dry, I literally soak my skin in this before applying makeup as it leaves it feeling very hydrated and takes away that stiff feeling your skin may have.  Sometimes I'll apply this after a primer or I'll just use it alone as a primer.  Not only will it give you added moisture this way, but if you're looking for a way to lock in your makeup from morning to night (no budging) give it a try.

Also, instead of wetting your beauty blender, to get a fuller coverage and lock your foundation in to stay all day in place, just spritz fix+ on your beauty blender, and I also use this method for my under eye concealer (which is MAC Pro Longwear concealer), as I feel it helps lock the concealer into the fine lines and helps to minimize under eye creasing.

And then obviously the way that most people use it is after all of my makeup has been done, do 2 - 3 spritzes all over.  Seriously, this stuff literally locks in your makeup as is, I do my makeup around 7am in the morning, and by 8pm at night it still looks the same.  Plus, I have oily skin and it still doesn't budge.

I also like the smell of it, not sure what's in it exactly but it's just a very fresh scent which I enjoy.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...