Monday 13 May 2013

Smouldering Winter Eye Shadows

Hi Pretties,

This is the first time trying out Catrice eye shadows, I'm still on the hunt for shadows to replace my MAC ones, and I think I may have just hit the jackpot here:
Catrice Absolute Eye Colour (Available from Dischem):
Plum Up the Jam
Blackwood Forest
*  Unfortunately I don't have the prices of these, but know they were not more than R50.00 each.
 
At the fear of sounding like a broken record, I wont mention again that I think the packaging on these beauties are just so chic and trendy ;) LoL.
 
These two colours immediately caught my eye, as you can see from the swatches above they're extremely pigmented without being powdery, they are very dark colours so if you're not used to wearing eye shadow a very slight sweep of this will be more than enough.  The formula is fantastic and I love these eye shadows, although I quite like NYX eye shadows I must say that these ones are a bit better as I do find NYX to be quite powdery and messy.
 
There's a slight shimmer in the shadows, but fear not, it's not going to make you look like a disco diva but merely like a glammy goddess!  The shimmer provides more depth and definition than sparkle, what I love about them is that you can wear them together, or as I've done for workdays when I'm in a bit of a hurry is to do a sweep of one colour all over my lower eyelid, which creates a dramatic smokey eye effect that is easily achievable with one colour.  And of course for all my fellow beauty lovers out there, you can play around with them to create so many different looks.
 
I can't wait to stock up on more colours, I'm not afraid of wearing colour on my eyes, never let anyone tell you differently but my fellow brown eyed gals have the perfect palette to play around with lovely eye colours, as most shades compliments brown eyes beautifully, think from forest colours like these to purple, blue to natural ones like bronze and browns.  We're indeed lucky so don't be afraid to venture away from classic nude colours.
 
Do you have any other Catrice products you've enjoyed?
 
:-)


16 comments:

  1. I recently found out about Catrice cosmetics through Bailey from Vanilla blonde and I must say their range is amazing!

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their stuff, how can I put this nicely ;) but Essence is more affordable, and then Catrice is slightly more expensive and it shows, the packaging is just a tad better :-) x x x

      Delete
  2. I love the look of Plum Up The Jam.. it's so unique, and beautiful. I love how pigmented they are too xx

    Gemma | ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is also my favourite :-) they're super pigmented! Thanks for always leaving a comment beaut I appreciate it :-) x x

      Delete
  3. I love the multi color blush from them :) I wear it nearly everyday.

    Plum up the Jam looks stunning though. These shadows seem like they would be easy to store too :)

    Amina || Blog: Oh just one more ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to give that a try lovely, let me know what the colour is? It seems like Plum up the Jam is a firm favourite so far ;) they definitely are because of the see through, clever peeps at Catrice ;) <3 <3

      Delete
  4. Hey I just came across your blog, it's great!
    Feel free to check out my blog, we can also follow each other if you like!

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are gorgeous and super pigmented!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely gal!! Long time no see/speak LoL ;) thanks so much x

      Delete
  6. These look great I love the plum up the jam very nice, I will have a look at these online xxx

    http://mrsbeautyjunkie83.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like the plum truly is a firm favourite ;) x x

      Delete
  7. Those look so gorgeous. I'll admit, I stick to neutral colours! :) I need to get some more Catrice cosmetics, they have fab cosmetics!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these colours will look amazing on you doll you have such a beautiful skin colour :) but you have to stock up on them, they're so affordable x x

      Delete
  8. i wonder if i can find these in canada...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do lovely otherwise it might be worth checking them out online? :-) x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...