Saturday 18 May 2013

New In: Essence Lippies

Hi Pretties,

I hope you're having a smashing weekend so far?

You may know by now that I am such a fan of the Essence brand, they make trendy and quality cosmetics affordable to the everyday girl, this is the first time trying a lipstick and lipgloss from their range, and I'm so impressed with them!
Essence Lipstick in 52 In the Nude ~ Price approx. R30.00 Available at Clicks:
 
This is an extremely creamy and moisturising lipstick.  I'm a huge fan of nude lips, and I've noticed that you get two kinds of nudes:  one that is pale and can be borderline sickly looking, or one that just enhances the natural nudeness of your lips and can be very close to your natural lip colour.
 
This little beauty is the perfect natural looking nude lipstick, it's very similar to my own lip colour but just enhances my lips to give it a smooth and beautiful finish.  It's highly pigmented and one or two sweeps give a really good colour pay-off.
 
The colour doesn't last very long though, so I had to re-apply it several times during the day, however, it doesn't claim to be long lasting at all, and for the price I don't mind having to re-do my pout ;)  ~ Can't wait to stock up on the rest of the colours, these are also perfect if you want to try out colours you wouldn't normally go for.
Essence Stay with Me Longlasting Lipgloss ~ Approx. R30.00 available from Clicks:
 
Staying with the nudes, this lipgloss gives a high glossy finish with no sparkles or glitters, so if you're not a fan of glittery glosses this is perfect.  It honestly gives that J-Lo glossy pout which she is infamous for, it is slightly pigmented and leaves a subtle colour but mostly a lovely glossy look.
 
I adore this lipgloss alone or for more of a glamorous look over the In the Nude lipstick.  The applicator is easy to use, and I didn't have to use a mirror to apply it, as there is a slight curve in the middle of the sponge-like applicator which makes it really easy to feel where the lipgloss is being applied.
 
With regards to the staying power?  I won't say it's a long lasting gloss as it does come off whilst eating or drinking, so again you'll have to re-apply, which I don't mind.
 
Both of these lippies are not drying at all!  Which is an absolute must in winter, I didn't have to use an additional lipbalm with them.
 
Both lip products swatched:

I hope you like these?  If you have a favourite of the above two please let me know as I'd like to give them a try?
 
Have a fabulously fashionable and relaxing Saturday :-)




16 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous nude colors! I love how they look when you combine them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun they do look good alone or together, for a bit more punch ;) together is better x x

      Delete
  2. OMG they're amazing!!!! They're like the perfect Kim Kardashian shades!!!!! <3 <3 xxx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL I didn't even think about it Gemma but you're totally right ... ohh lalaaaa ;) xx

      Delete
  3. love your blog! i'm a new follower hun, if you get a minute, let me know what you think of my new post!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much loving your blog name...I suppose we should blog right? LoL x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried their lipsticks before as I wasn't sure how it would wear. Thanks for the review!

    Rushda

    Rubescloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a first for me too beaut and they're completely worth it :-) x x

      Delete
  5. I like lipsticks from Essence :)

    Feel free to me:

    sanvves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh pretty!! i love nude colored lips! i should check these out, thanks for sharing!

    xo's

    -teeney
    http://christeeney.blogspot.com
    instagram: @christeeney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beaut :) who can resist a nude lippy right? As long as they don't make you look deathly I'm all for it LoL ;) x x

      Delete
  7. wow so pretty,I love Essence products and the foundation worked wonders for me.Haven't done a review yet.thanks Please follow me dear:)
    http://younamemy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...