Saturday 11 May 2013

{Review} Catrice Skin Finish Compact Powder

Hi Lovelies,

I've always had somewhat of a love-hate relationship with my skin, and for as long as I can remember I used to try and hide it under loads of products, it's only really been the past few months that I've started embracing my flaws, you may wonder where I'm going with this LoL and I'll get to that now.

Face powder used to be another layer of foundation for me, like I said, I just wanted to hide behind a mask of prettyness, but luckily I no longer feel that way, and when I saw this compact powder in Dischem I was a bit sceptic to try it out, I've never used a powder that is not a powder and foundation in one:
Catrice Skin Finish Compact Powder in Natural Beige 020 ~ R54.96 (Available from Dischem Nationwide):
 
I'm loving brands like Catrice and Essence, firstly both brands are high affordable and easy on the wallet, but above all, proof that affordable can produce star products, and these are one of them.  I am in love!  This is now a firm staple in my cosmetics case and truthfully I adore it.
 
Okay, let me get straight to business, how utterly chic is the packaging?  It doesn't look or feel cheap whatsoever, in fact it looks like a sturdy, quality product and it certainly is.
 
It doesn't provide a lot of coverage as you can see from the swatch, but it blends in really well with my skin, although I could easily go a shade lighter especially in winter.
 
I've never understood the term satin finish, until I had the first swipe of this powder and it was like a light bulb going off.  It creates such a smooth and matte finish, my face is transformed from dull to beautiful (it's quite extroadinary to see the difference).  I have combination skin (oily t-zone), and usually I have to blot and / or powder within a few hours, but this powder has awesome staying power and now I only blot and powder once a day.
 
In fact, it creates such a smooth finish, that if you're like me and you're quite the blush/contouring fanatic, the blush and / or bronzer literally just glides off LoL, so I apply my foundation and concealer, let it set, then I apply blush/bronzer and blend it in, then apply the powder all over.  As the powder doesn't act as a foundation powder, it just sets it all in without fading your blush/bronzer.
 
This is one of the best powders I have tried, and would highly recommend it if you need a mattifying or satin finish powder that is affordable.
 
Have a fab day! :-)



6 comments:

  1. Ooh it looks like a beaut of a powder.. so smooth xx

    Gemma | ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing! A firm staple and favourite :-) x x

      Delete
  2. I have this one in honey. I love it to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to give this one a try! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome lovely :-) let me know how it works out for you!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...