Tuesday 21 May 2013

MAC Pigments Dupe - Essence Pigments

Hello Petals,

If you're a cosmetics lover like me ... You'll know very well about the highly praised MAC pigments, BUT I managed to find a great cruelty free dupe for them hoooorrayyy!
 
 
 
Essence Pigments ~ Available at Clicks:
 
-  Be my Brightsmaid
-  Strawberry Smoothie
-  Box of Chocolate
-  Smell the Caramel
 
These are highly pigmented, with the tiniest of glittery sparkles, these pigments are truly so beautiful!  As you can see from the swatches they give such a dramatic and colourful look, I actually wore "smell the caramel" over the entire lower eyelid, with "be my brightsmaid" in the corner of my eye, and used a darker brown just on the outer corners the other day, and was asked by one of the girls at the counter of a shop what eyeshadows I'm using :-)
 
With these you'll be able to create so many different looks, from subtle to dramatic, and they're also perfect to use as a liner, just spray a bit of make-up finishing spray on your hand, dip an angled brush in it, dip in the pigment of your choice and use as a lower and / or lower eyelid liner, subtle but dramatic enough to get you noticed!
 
PS:  Wanna know a little trick when applying pigments or glittery eyeshadow without messing all over your made-up face?  Tilt your head forward, looking downward and using a mirror to dab (not sweep) shadow on, you'll notice fall-out on your mirror instead of on your face, otherwise you can resort to either doing your foundation last or applying a good dusting of lose powder underneath your eyes {which I don't recommend for mature skin because a lot of powder accentuates wrinkles around the eyes}.
Essence Colour Arts Eye Base ~ Available at Clicks:
Transparent eyeshadow base especially for the application of pigments, for a long-lasting and luminous effect.
 
I tried this eyeshadow base with the pigments, truthfully, I found it rather messy and complicated, and felt that the pigments work perfectly find on their own, also this base claims to provide a luminous effect but the pigments on their own already provide that.  I haven't tried this as an all over eyeshadow base, ultimately I found that one doesn't really need this especially to be used with the pigments. 
 
Look out for the Essence collections, I know they've released limited edition pigments with some of their collections, can't wait to see which ones they're bringing out next :-)



26 comments:

  1. I saw those gorgeous essence pigments the other day , they really are amazing .

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, they are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! So glad I found your Blog my fellow South African :) Have just added you to my list of favourites right now and followed you on GFC.
    Totally going to try out this Essence base and pigment - love that you focus on cruelty free!
    www.simplysiyaam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yayy for fellow SA bloggers :-) thanks so much for following and commenting :-) x x

      Delete
  4. I want a Box of Chocolate! The colour looks amazing! Thanks for the tip as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please LoL ... they sound good enough to eat :-) x x

      Delete
  5. I seen these a few weeks ago but was a little unsure about them, but now il have to pick up a couple :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to babe, I promise you won't regret it :-) x x

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh they're absolutely beautiful shades, and soooo like the MAC pigments like you said!!! Great find honey xxx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, what a find :-) glad you like it lovely and thanks so much for always commenting x x x

      Delete
  7. No way these are from Essence!! :O I'm going to pick all 4 shades up on the weekend... Beautiful colours. Yay for all these Essence reviews babe! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes way babe ;) they'll look gorgeous on you. I think I need to get royalties from Essence by now don't ya think LoL x x

      Delete
  8. oh man! i'm loving the colors of those pigments and their names! thanks for this!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim :-) I know right they sound and look delish ;) x

      Delete
  9. I love Essence Pigments!
    I usually apply my loose pigments before I apply any other make up on my face. I also put a thick layer of cream our lotion on my cheeks and underneath my eyes. When I am done with the pigments, I can just wipe the cream off. This gets rid of the shadow (especially those glitter ones) and moisturizes your skin :)

    Amina || Blog: Oh just one more ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thanks so much for the tip lovely!! I am def going to try out the cream one, think it'll work amazing with dark smokey eyes too, it's always a schlep trying to get rid of that panda look underneath {not cute}. x x x

      Delete
  10. I've never tried loose pigments before, but it looks like something awesome to try. That's a good tip about tilting your head forward to apply! I need to try that since my eyeshadow tend to fall on my face and sometimes it smears across my cheeks when I don't wipe it off gently enough. It's a whole ordeal I need to learn to avoid! lol

    Love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, they're kind of shimmery eyeshadows and very pigmented, especially great for use on your lower eyelid :) so glad I could help beaut x x x

      Delete
  11. love the golden shades!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colors above are dupes for what MAC pigments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No specific colour(s) but if you're looking for a cruelty free version of MAC pigments these are perfect.

      Delete
  13. Would love to see a makeup look featuring theses pigments...love your blog. New subbie and new blogger from SA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll def look at more tutorials with them babe ~ yayy for SA beauties, let me know what your link is so I can visit :) x x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...