Sunday 19 May 2013

Nail Talk: Nailene Artificial Nail & Polish Remover

Hi Beauties,

Something I haven't discussed a lot on my blog *quite shameful really LoL* is my love for stick-on or acrylic nails {I don't like gel whatsoever}, there's quite a few reasons for this but mainly because I don't like my natural nails particularly the shape of them, and also nail polish lasts so much longer on false nails, whether it be stick-on's or acrylic.

Now if you've ever had false nails, you know what a mission it is to have them removed:
Nailene Artificial Nail & Polish Remover ~ R129.95 from Clicks:
Professional Strength
Removes all artificial nails, glue and polish
 
I basically change my nails almost weekly, sometimes I'll leave stick-on nails on for 2 weeks, but by then they would've been painted a rainbow of colours already.  It used to be such a hassle for me to remove the nails, and I would sit out at least 2 hours of soaking them in acetone preferably with an awesome movie or two to help the time go by much quicker, not to mention that awful smell.
 
But now it's no longer necessary!  Soaking nails off in 40 minutes which is a record time and makes my weekly pamper day so much more enjoyable :-)
 
Using this nifty little thing is super easy, you just dip your nail into the brush area, soak for a few seconds and twist around.  Be careful not to soak your nail for longer than 2 minutes at a time, so what I do is soak and twist one nail for two minutes, then rotate to another nail, if there is still residue left on the previous nail, go back and do that one again for no longer than 2 minutes.  Removing stick-on's took just a little less than 40 minutes, but just soaking off nail polishes is about 15 minutes!
 
It's not messy at all, and if you have a pet peeve removing glittery nail polishes, you will love this!  The little brushes help scrub them off, it honestly makes the whole polish or nail removal process so much easier.
 
Just be careful when you do have artificial nails on with nail polish and you just want to soak off the polish, it will actually start removing the artificial nails even if you soak it for a few seconds only ~ this I learned by trial and error LoL.
 
Note:
Nailene has made a statement to say that they do not test on animals, however, I have checked PETA and they're not listed on any of their lists, so at the moment I am taking their word for it but am a bit sceptic marking it as cruelty free.  I tried searching on the internet but there's not a lot of information on it, so if you do actually know whether their statement is true or not, kindly let me know.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great nail polish remover!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! Thanks for this will definitely try it out...

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...