Thursday 28 February 2013

{NOTD} Eat Your Heart Out

Hi Beauties,

I hope you've had a fantastic week?

The other day I saw this amazing tutorial from Polish and Pearls, if you haven't checked out her blog yet you're missing out on the most fabulous nail tutorials ever!  Visit her here PS ~ Mine didn't come out nearly as pretty as hers though ;)

 

Excuse my shoddy picture quality, I tried it in various locations around the house and these were the best two!  It was on a rainy and cloudy morning, I tried my best ;)
 
Nail polishes I used:
 
Nails Inc. London Caviar Basecoat*
Nails Inc. London Caviar Topcoat*
 
Little Finger:
 
Essence Nail Art Magnetics in 02 hex hex!
Essence Nail Art Twins Glitter Topper (2)in 02 Julia
 
Ring Finger:
 
Essie in French Affair
Hearts - Essence Nail Art Magnetics in 02 hex hex!
 
Middle Finger:
 
LA Girl Metal Metallic Nail Polish (No colour on the bottle)
Essence Nail Art Twins Glitter Topper (2)in 02 Julia
 
Index Finger:
 
Essie in French Affair
Hears - Essence Nail Art Magnetics in 02 hex hex!
 
Thumb:
 
Essence Nail Art Magnetics in 02 hex hex!
Heart - Essie in French Affair
 
This was my first try ever at making hearts, it didn't come out nearly as pretty as I wanted, I basically did it with a bobby pin, but I think I need to invest in a proper nail art tool or some stencils, it was quite hard drawing them by hand.  But nevertheless, I loved the idea and look of it.  I wanted to do it in black and pink, until I realised that my black nail polish and gone completely gunky, and no amount of acetone could make it the right consistency, so I settled for the Essence Magnetics polish, which was a bit thick as it's obviously meant for the magnetic art tool. 
 
I love discovering new nail blogs, and Polish and Pearls have definitely inspired me to be more creative, so I hope you look forward to not only seeing more nail art, but also me getting a bit better at them ;) hehe.
 
Have a fabulous Friday tomorrow lovelies!
 
Please Note:  I have marked this post as cruelty free, it's important to know that all the brands mentioned are cruelty free apart from Essie.


15 comments:

  1. This looks lovely but I don't think my hand is steady enough for that! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, but trust me, if I could manage you surely would :-) I was shaky jones like you can't believe LoL ;) x

      Delete
  2. Ohh how pretty. I love love love them. My favourite colours too. Really great for a first attempt!
    Where did you get the Essence Nail Art Twins from?
    I have a slight addiction to nail polish and nail art myself. I can highly recommend the Essence Duo Stylist dotting tool. (I have a 'review' of it on my blog) and also the Essence Stampy Set (again, a 'review' will be up on friday).
    I love all your posts (especially the nail ones of course)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much haha I tried ;) I got it from Dischem in Greenstone, they have a huge Essence stand. I'm going to see if I can find the dotting tool. aaww bless you babe, appreciate it :-) x

      Delete
  3. Aw this looks so cute! I'm definitely going to try it :)

    When I do/try to do nail designs i usually find a toothpick does the trick ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to, let me know if you do :-)

      Thanks so much for the great tip!

      Delete
  4. i adore those nails

    xx m

    thisishowwerule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really great! Well done!!

    Love, love, love the Polish and Pearls blog, thanks for the link, i'm totally addicted now!

    Have you ever been to a Planet Nails shop? Although it's aimed at nail and beauty industry, it is open to the public too. You'll find dotting tool and other gadgets there. (They have a whole lot of shops all over Gauteng, I go to the one near Centurion mall) I didn't know there were different size dotting tools, will definitely look next time.

    Great post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're welcome Jess, she is totally amazing! No I've never been, where are they located? Thanks so much for letting me know, I need to go there asap. Appreciate it x x

      Delete
    2. Hey, sorry only saw your Q now!
      There are quite a few branches of Planet Nails, I go to the Centurion one, it's located next to Centurion Mall in the Southlake Shopping Centre. But there's really lots of shops, I forget where you live. There's one near Menlyn too. Squiz www.planetnails.co.za You'll love it!!
      xx

      Delete
    3. Aww thank you thank you!!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. So cute manicure... If you're interesting, come visit my blog and we can follow each other, if you want. Xoxo V.V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the nails :)

    www.yeyyyitscamille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...