Friday 22 February 2013

Review: Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush F80

Hi my Pretties,

I hope you are looking forward to the weekend as much I am!

So I've been eyeing Sigma brushes forever!  Not only are they cruelty free, but they get rave reviews from most beauty gurus, I was a bit sceptic ordering it online, as I didn't know if it would arrive safely in South-Africa (if you live here you know how unreliable our postal services can be most of the time), and was also unsure how much custom charges would be.  Suffice to say, it only took about a month to get here, although I've been waiting much longer to give this a try, and the wait was absolutely worthwhile.



 
 
 
 
 
Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush F80:  USD 18.00
Shipping and Handling:  USD 8.18
(I paid approx. R230.00 - dependant on the exchange rate)
Custom Charges:  R56.00
 
*  Sigma only accepts payment via credit card, there are a few different delivery options, I selected the USPS First Class Mail International which was the cheapest but only took about a month to arrive.
 
My order came delivered in a box, and inside was the Sigma container, I have to say it was very well packaged, so as soon as I unwrapped it I had to give the brush a little whirl, and it is the softest most luxurious brush ever.  It looks very sleek and stylish with the black and silver, the handle is made of outstanding quality material.
 
I have several foundation brushes from all brands, including two MAC ones which btw was really expensive, I've always used a sponge or beauty blender with them as I've found that these brushes just didn't do the job 100 %.  However, with the Sigma Flat Kabuki brush I have one less step in applying my foundation.  Although they state that the brush is ideal for flat surfaces (i.e. cheeks, forehead), I have absolutely no problems with the application of the foundation on the rounder and softer areas such as the eyes, so truthfully this brush does a perfect job for a full foundation routine.
 
I use it in a tapping motion, so I squeeze a bit of foundation on the top of my hand, and then lightly tap the brush into the foundation, don't be fooled, you're not going to see loads of foundation on the brush (if any), but trust me, it picks up just the right amount.  I then gently tap and press the foundation into my skin, this method also saves you from using too much foundation and giving excellent coverage. 
 
One of the things I absolutely adore about this brush, apart from it being so gentle on my face, is that the bristles are extremely dense.  So what does that mean you may ask lovely reader?  In simple terms, the brush won't soak up any unnecessary liquid, therefore you won't waste foundation as you would with ordinary brushes or sponges. 
 
Out of all the foundation brushes I have tried, this is a winner and I give it top marks!  Now I'm onto saving for my next Sigma brush, I have to admit that I'm now quite the addict of their brushes, and although definitely not necessary, would love to invest in the other ones.
 
If you have any questions on how easy it was to import etc. just send me a little letter (or question or tweet if you wish LoL).
 
Have a FABULOUS Friday beauties!


12 comments:

  1. Sigma brushes are the best! I recently ordered one of the collections, and I haven't even touched my old brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These brushes are beautiful. I need to get over my fear of online overseas shopping and order me some. I'm missing out on awesome products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely doll ~ really, I wouldn't just buy from any shop, but Sigma is so legit, you can track it everything, and their customer services is awesome, at one stage I contacted them when I thought it was too long, and they came back within a day, it ended up being our postal services (what's new) LoL ;) xo

      Delete
  3. The brush sounds great, I've heard really good things about the sigma products, and want to get my hands on some brushes!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're completely out of this world, seriously, I am so happy with my purchase, now I'm saving for the next one hehe ;) xo

      Delete
  4. I really need to get some of these brushes. I keep hearing about how amazing they are, and they just look lovely. Glad you got your brushes safe and sound. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, such amazing quality, this is THE best foundation brush I have ever tried. It feels like a mini-massage, I mean what's not to like hehe :) xo

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting this brush for forever, but my sigma brushes seem to be cursed. I lost one in a club loo's (my fault!), and another at a friends house! Must be more careful x

    January Girl ♥ Nails Inc + Eylure Giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no indeed it sounds cursed babe, losing two oi I'd have a little cry hehe ;) Maybe this post broke the curse for you? Sending you well wishes and good luck xo

      Delete
  6. hi there,
    i was brosing around on the net and i came i across your blog,
    i orderd an essential kit, F35, F80 and E25 a week ago i also selected the USPS First Class Mail Internationalbecause it was the cheapest lol,
    i can't wait for them to arrive, hopefully they arrive soon, i hope i don't get charged alot for customs though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so badly want a Sigma F80 i could die, where did you order it from? Im so jelous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...