Friday 8 February 2013

{NOTD} Candy Stripes and Sparkles

Hi my Lovelies,

I hope you've had an amazing week so far?!

 
 
 
 
 

Don't you think my nails look good enough to eat?  Hehe ... indeed they were painted in all ice-cream colours, I truly wish I had talent when it comes to nail art, but I'm afraid the best thing I could come up with, was just to give a strip in the middle.
 
I painted my nails with Essie in French Affair, with my accent nail in Mint Candy Apple, and with a stripe of Mint Candy Apple over the French Affair, I then used Essence Nail Art Twins Glitter Topper in 02 julia.
 
I love using glitters on my nails, but it's usually such a hassle to take it off ~ but it truly just makes nails pop and look super pretty and girly.
 
In case you're wondering, these nail polishes are not cruelty free, I still use some of the cosmetics I have because it was rather expensive, until such time that I've managed to at least replace them.
 
Have a fabulous Friday beauties :-)


21 comments:

  1. love it <3 soo pretty

    www.beneaththemakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look absolutely gorgeous. The colours work so well together. I must get my hands on that glitter!! What a nice pop!

    I so get you about taking the glitter off. I tend to just put a cotton wool pad soaked in remover on for about a minute and then start rubbing it off. It helps...a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :-) xoxo

      PS Great tip I'll definitely be doing that in future!

      Delete
  3. I love that glitter polish! The big chunks really make the look complete. And yes, they look good enough to eat. :)

    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LoL ;) By the way! I had a look at your blog and damn girl you are so creative!! I love that eye make-up look!! Totally gorgeous :-)

      Delete
  4. Your nails are really amazing, I love Essie polishes

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Essie nailpolishes, sad to hear they're not cruelty free, bummer!!
    Awesome colour combo!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :'( but so many other brands to try like Essence, Catrice and LA Girl ~ best of all they're affordable :-) and for a bit more moolah try Inglot! Amazing range of colours xo

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous manicure and I love the pastel colours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely nails!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails are beautiful!

    I found you through the blog hop!

    www.betterwithbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. These nails are so pretty and neat(mine are always so messy) , i also love the colour of Mint Candy Apple!

    xx Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is so amazing :D and you are gorgeous <3

    Also love all your posts! can't wait to see more

    I’m your latest follower and found you via the blog hop!
    I would love you to check out my blog if you get a chance!

    India xox The Jewel Beauty Blog |Beauty,Lifestyle & Fashion! - Latest Post - Beauty Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My two fav Essie shades, never thought of pairing them though!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is so lovely and i'm in love with this nail design! I'm a sucker for anything pastel and sparkly :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...