Sunday 11 November 2012

Summer 2012 Favourites: Nail Polishes

Hi Beauties,

I'm loving all the lovely mint and coral shades that are in for summer, but I tend to always be drawn to pink nail polishes (I've told you here that I think in PINK didn't I)?  Changing your nail polish to suit your outfit will give it an instant update and freshness, and is probably one of the easiest ways to incorporate colour in what could otherwise be a very boring or monotone outfit, for example:  If you're wearing an outfit with turquoise in, pairing it with bright red nails and then the same coloured shoes/clutch bag will give it a completely different look than wearing it for example with golds or silver, so who says you can't wear the same outfit twice and giving it a whole new look?

So here are my favourite nail polish picks for Summer 2012 ~ this excludes my lovely new nail polish I picked up from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection, which I will be posting about this week:


Essie in Mint Candy Apple   I   Revlon in Blue Lagoon   I   Revlon in Minted   I   Sass Diva (No Colour on Bottle)   I   Essence in 01 You're My Dragonfly Sugar
 


Revlon in Flirt   I   Essie in French Affair   I   OPI in Strawberry Margarita   I   Kangol in ShockIt   I   Essie in Jam N'Jelly


Essie:  Mint Candy Apple   I   French Affair   I   Jam N'Jelly

I adore Essie nail polishes, not only do they have the cutest names but the range of colours is amazing, they dry really quickly and last very long.  It's worthwhile having a couple of these pretties in your nail polish collection.

Revlon:  Flirt   I   Minted   I   Blue Lagoon
 
Revlon nail polishes are amazing, they're very pigmented, have a stunning range of colours, and look out for their scented shades!  Blue Lagoon is a scented one, and it's definitely a beachy smell, the scent also lingers on your nails so you'll be able to get a lovely whiff even after you've worn it a couple of days.
 

OPI in Strawberry Margarita   I  Kangol in Shockit
 
The OPI nail polish is one of my favourites, and I've worn it many times, it lasts forever, probably a week if not longer without chipping at all.  Kangol is a really bright pink, and is really pretty.
 

Essence in You're My Dragonfly Sugar   I   Sass Diva
 
The Essence polish is the perfect nude, it's a very light peachy/apricot colour.  The yellow looks like rays of sunshine on nails.
 

Essie in Silver Bullions   I   Essence:  Circus Confetti, Glorious Aquarius and Make it Golden
 
A couple of glittery nail polishes is a must, and although it's hard to remove, these are perfect creating an accent nail or two or all of them if you want.
 

Yardley Fast Dry Top Coat and Bonder   I   Revlon Colorstay Gold Standard Top Coat
 
These are my favourite topcoats, the Yardley one helps tremendously with drying times, and once applied takes approximately 10 - 15 minutes to dry.  The Revlon topcoat gives my nails a lovely glossy look and helps prolongs the wear of the nail polish.
 
I hope you enjoyed my picks lovelies, let me know of any new ones I can try?
 
Love,
xx
 
 


38 comments:

  1. Hey just came to your blog from your comment on mine!
    I really love the minted Nail Polish!
    Hannah :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you yes the Minted I've worn so much I love it :) x

      Delete
  2. Love the picture! The OPI colour is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ,beautiful Collection of Nail Colours!
    follow new ,mind follow back? :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi loved the post hunny where are you from ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! I guess I'm traditional and would always go for pink or red :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Colors..
    I must say..
    U have got beautiful feminine fingers :):)
    Lucky you :)
    ❤I Diva❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you although I don't feel that way LoL ;) I always think of myself as having short and fat fingers hehe but I appreciate it xx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are most adorable and so is ur blog! Will definitly be coming back to check it out again.

    Thanks for always sharing the love on my blog!

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww this is such a cute comment thanks lovely! You are too kind I appreciate it thank you very much :) xx

      Delete
  9. Loving the Revlon in Blue Lagoon nail polish. Its beautiful, lush color :)

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous and has very fine sparkles in so pretty :)

      Delete
  10. WOW! They're all so pretty! One of my favourite things about summer is putting on bright nail polish! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of that Essie nail polish called Mint Candy Apple! I have a mint nail polish from China Glaze that I really love, called Mint Refresh. It's my absolute favorite nailpolish right now! I love mints as well for summer, they're so gorgeous!

    Lovely blog, dear! Your blog is so cute. I've followed you now! (:

    Love, Fatima fashionpilgrim
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it's a very popular shade, and it honestly is beautiful. We don't have China Glaze here, well not from what I've seen, but I've heard so many people rave about it. Thanks so much beauty I appreciate it :) xx

      Delete
  12. That is a fine collection girl :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow. nice post. love the blog! flw eacother?
    www.lifestylenotesbyaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all these colors. The pastels especially!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa ~ I know they look so pretty and literally goes with everything :) xx

      Delete
  15. Great colour collection!
    I've got Essie's Navigate Her on my toes at the moment, loving it.
    the glitter colours are fab, can't wait for the festive season, going to convince all my clients to choose a sparkly red colour with some glitter over it! :-)
    Fab blog Elrese.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Jess :) ~ I've got to try the Navigate Her, my list of colours to get from Essie is super long LoL. Yes that's an awesome idea :) Thank You xx

      Delete
  16. You picked some great shades that are very fitting for the season! :)

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Hi Abi, they do look good enough to eat ;) hehe ... thanks :)

      Delete
  18. Thanks so much! Please send my love to all the people in NYC!!! You all have been in my thoughts and prayers .. thanks for visiting my blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love pastels; I actually have a lot of Revlon ones and "minted" is one of my faves...you look a bit like Cheryl Cole by the way :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They go with everything :) ahhh that is too kind, not true of course but you made my day LoL ... thanks for leaving the lovely comment x x x

      Delete
  20. Love seeing the colours on your nails! The Kangol pink is so bright and happy - but does it last?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tash, thank you, it is happy :) yes it does, for me it's more about your base and topcoat than the actual polish formula, I use the revlon colorstay topcoat and it helps make your nail polish last really long. I think I had about 4 - 5 days chip free :) which is awesome!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...