Saturday 3 November 2012

Review: Revlon Lippies

Hi Beauties,

I have quite the obsession with lip products, and the other day I had a proper look at my little make-up bag that I carry with me, and it was crammed full of different lip products, and the only other item I had was my face powder and a mirror.  So I thought I'd do a review on the Revlon ones I have, which I've been using since they launched in South-Africa.

 
Revlon Lip Butters in Creme Brulee, Creamsicle and Sugar Frosting:
 
As you can see I've used quote a bit of these lippies and what a delight they are, the best way for me to describe them is to say that they're more of a tinted lip balm.  And I see where they got the word butter from, because it feels very buttery and moisturising.  You can see from the swatches that these aren't very pigmented, it does have a medium colour pay-off ,but is not to be compared to a lipstick.  I feel that the consistency is between a lipstick and a lipgloss, and all three of these have a slight shimmer to them, and looks really pretty on ~ If you're not a big fan of lipsticks/lipglosses these will be perfect for you.  I also adore the packaging, and have to say that the colour on the lids are real to the lip butter colour.  I love all three of these, they look gorgeous alone or with a lipgloss over them.
 
The only thing I wish they'd done was to make them scented, now you may know that I adore nice smelling products, and the names of these sounds so delicious that I really expected it to smell of something, but really it doesn't.  Overall this is a staple product to have in your make-up bag, and I definitely want to try some of the other colours available.
 

 

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Precious:
 
This looks like a really gorgeous nude-mauve colour, and has been reported as being a dupe for the Clinique Chubby Sticks, but in reality they're nothing alike.  Initially when putting this colour on my lips it looks okay, it's a very natural colour but not very nude.  The smell is awful though, it's got a minty scent mixed with powder ~ not cute!  The downside is when removing this balm, my lips have a strange brown/red stain on them, overall I just don't like the consistency of this, and nothing really made me feel excited about it.  So this is unfortunately one product I won't be repurchasing.
 
Have you tried any of these Revlon products, and what did you think of them?  And if you enjoyed this post please remember to subscribe to my blog and always stay fabulous.



27 comments:

  1. I really need to pick these up! I have yet to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed doll they're amazing :) x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the Revlon Lip butters, they're my favourite lip products to use:)) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh so happy I'm not the only one doll :) do you have any suggestions for more colours? But nothing too bright hehe I prefer a nude(ish) lip. xxx

      Delete
  3. very nice nude lip colours, that bright orange is pretty interesting :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice, it looks bright but I guarantee you it's a very light colour, wearable :) yes sure xx

      Delete
  4. These neutral lip colors are so pretty! I absolutely love your birdie make-up dish!!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com
    DaisyGem Jewelry GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzie ~ yeah it's really cute, you can use it for jewellery anything really :) thanks for stopping by! x x x x

      Delete
  5. I Love the revlon Lip butters, Ive got them in Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tartx

    Cute Blog you :)

    From your newest Follwer Ella xx

    abeautifultask.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much beauty ... I'm going to try those two they sound gorgeous :) xx

      Delete
  6. I have creme brulee and love it. I need to build up my collection haha

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a shame you don't like the Revlon Balm stains! I have three of them and they get a lot of use. I haven't tried any of their lipsticks or lip butters yet though. I love nude lip colours so I'll definitely have a look to see if I can get any of the lip butters your swatched :) I found your blog on the #bbloggers blog hop :) xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe at least there'll be more for you to try now ;) LoL. You have to, really the lip butters are amazing, I'm also into nude lippies I don't know, maybe it's because my lips are so full that dark colours look tacky on me ;) thank you so much babe yayyy for the blog hop :) xx

      Delete
  8. These shades are very soft and romantic.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creamsicle looks like a good shade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine what my life was like before revlon lip butters and stain balms. You have some cool colors there that I haven't seen in the uk. My favourite at the moment is honey balm stain and Pink truffle lip butter. Thanks for your lovely comment btw on bloggers. Loving your blog, beautiful lay out. xx
    A Friendly Invitation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ~ me too :) thank you and also thanks for the suggestions, they sound so good LoL, I'm gonna see if they're available in SA. You're welcome, thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  11. Lovely blog :)

    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Revlon balm stains. I have two colours - a pink and an orange. Both are very vivid. Love that they're so easy to use and kind of make you feel like a kid again with a giant crayon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe so true :) maybe I tried the wrong colour, but I really don't like the smell of it though .. but it's good to hear different views xx

      Delete
  13. I love the Revlon lipbalm and I really love the minty smell as well. I haven't tried the butter lipstick. Still want to try it. @DivaDesle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear, glad you like it and just goes to show what works for one might not work for the other :)
      xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...