Wednesday 14 November 2012

M.A.C. Marilyn Monroe Collection

Hi Beauties,

This has to be one of my favourite MAC collections ever ~ celebrating one of the most iconic women in the entire world.  I doubt there is a person alive on this earth today that does not know who Marilyn Monroe is, not only is she beautiful, but she has given curvy women the confidence to know that having a womenly body is sexy and should be celebrated.  She is known for her bouncy platinum blonde curls, flawless skin and the perfect red pout ... Her legacy will live forever.
 
 
MAC Forever Marilyn Beauty Powder
 
The swatch doesn't really show up properly, but hopefully you can see the gorgeous sheen.  It's a very natural colour, I think it'll look good on light to medium skin tones, but will appear more prominent on darker skin tones.  This powder is perfect to use on the inner facial area i.e. nose, under eyes ~ it will highlight and give you a flawless Marilyn-esque look.  I adore the packaging with the photo of her on the lid, and the box has an adorable red kiss on the inside, the compact also comes with a mirror for easy on the go touch-ups.
 
MAC Nail Lacquer in Shirelle
 
I may have mentioned before that I'm not a fan of colour on my lips, so this fire-engine red is the perfect Marilyn inspired beauty to add to my collection.  The colour is absolutely amazing, and one coat will be more than enough.  Please remember the way to look chic and wear dark colours is keeping your nails nice and short, no place for long talons here.  It has a lovely glossy finish, and I've been wearing this colour from the day I got it, you can actually get a sneaky peek of the colour on the above swatch ... so I think it's safe to say it's a firm favourite of mine {PS - Don't let anyone ever tell you-you can't wear red in summer, this beauty have no seasonal limitations}.
 
Did you get anything from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection?
 
Photo's taken by Purple Butterfly Designs
 

 

20 comments:

  1. Great blog post!
    www.okfashionbeauty.blogspot.com
    Olivia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment :) xx

      Delete
  2. I am loving this Marilyn collection! So gorgeous!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous :) thanks for visiting my blog xx

      Delete
  3. The Forever Marilyn powder is lovely! I'm kicking myself for not buying it! I purchased the blush in Legendary, and it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle, it is amazing, it looks like porcelain, I saw the blush but unfortunately I got some other things from MAC too, and I had to choose between things :( heheee wish I had all the money in the world to just buy it all LoL. xx

      Delete
  4. I wanted some products from this collection but they were all sold out at my local MAC store.Congrats that you got your hands on some products
    http://doseofglambition.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I'm sorry to hear doll! Unfortunately that's the thing with their collections, once it's released you have to go there pronto, I've missed out on a lot of other collections but Marilyn is such an icon to me, that I would've gone through a trek in the desert to get my hands on them hehe ;)

      Delete
  5. I love your blog and I nominated you for the Leibster award! Find out more here http://expatmake-upaddict.blogspot.com/2012/11/leibster-award.html
    Keep up the fabulous work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, I've been awarded already so not sure I can do it again ... I appreciate it though :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I bought 'the perfect cheek' and love it! Their holiday collection is immense this year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds lovely .. I'm actually busy with the holiday collection post now ;) hehe xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous MAC collection... Aww such lovely items! I got two lipsticks from the collection and must blog about them... They are the prettiest reds!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely they're really really pretty, you must! I look forward to your post :) xoxo

      Delete
  8. Wish I had managed to get my hands on the beauty powder, it's so pretty!

    Just found you through the bbloggers blog hop. Love your layout and photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so romantic and soft :) thanks so much Laura appreciate it :) xo

      Delete
  9. I love Marilyn Monroe too! I love how you set the pictures up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I am following you <3<3

    I got two giveaways at the moment on my blog and would love you to enter!
    http://lovesushiandfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...