Saturday 27 April 2013

{Working} a Skater Dress

Hi my Lovelies,

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend so far?

So the other day I stumbled upon this great skater dress in Legit, I adore the colours and the stud detailing on the shoulder, and wanted to show you how you can wear a skater dress to work:
Dress:  Legit
Jacket:  Truworths
Spike Necklace:  Sass Diva
Nails:  Essence Color & Go in Do You Speak Love
Ted Lapidus White Soul Gold & Diamonds Perfume R895.00 per 100ml*
 
I know we've been taught to be wary of horizontal stripes, especially if you're on the curvy side, but thin stripes like these in dark colours could be very flattering, I adore this skater dress, it's such a versatile piece to own and could be styled in so many different ways.
 
I kept mine simple and work-wear appropriate by pairing it with suede boots, this gorgeous spike necklace from Sass Diva, and a chic black coat from Truworths.  The tiny belt cinches in my waist perfectly, which creates a lovely hourglass shape.
 
For weekends I'll easily wear this dress with my favourite Ackermans boots, a cool biker or denim jacket with chunky and vibrant jewellery.  I also think pairing this with a jewel-toned green or mustard would look awesome!  So you see, this little beauty is indeed a lovely piece to have in your winter wardrobe.
 
No look is complete without wearing a fragrance to suit your mood for that day, and I felt that the Ted Lapidus White Soul Gold & Diamonds described me perfectly:  "voluptuous and charismatic" indeed ;) and don't you think the bottle has a very womenly shape to it?  Gorgeous!  And it should be no surprise that the perfume has notes of vanilla orchid and orange blossom in, which makes it a pretty floral fragrance, and creates a nice feminine contrast to my skater chick dress.
 
Wishing you an awesome Saturday pretties! :-)



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We love the way you styled your LEGiT dress. And your nail art looks amazing. Love, Anja from LEGiT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a fabulous outfit! So cleverly put together.
    And love your nails too, especially the accent nail!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this jacket! And boots! And nails! And everything! No but really, don't be surprised if you see me copy it one day hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks THANKS! Awwwiieee that would be awesome no like for real ;) hehe x x

      Delete
  4. Super cute outfit!! I need that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You def have great taste in fashion. Love the jacket and the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay i need ur closet <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...