Wednesday 17 April 2013

Review: Essence Stay all Day 16hr Foundation

Hi my Beauties,

I hope you're having a fabulous week?

My obsession with foundations continue LoL ;) okay I literally would not leave the house without at least a bit of foundation on {it truly is a staple in my make-up bag}, however, where I use to slap it on I have started embracing my skin and the little imperfections ~ which is also due to some of the amazing skincare products I have discovered, my biggest pet peeve used to be my freckles, it's a daily journey, some days I still wake up and am absolutely horrified, but for the most I'm content.
Essence Stay all Day 16hr Long Lasting Make-Up in 20 Soft Nude (Available from Clicks/Dischem) - R54.95:
 
Long-lasting and light weight make-up provides a flawless, silky complexion that lasts all day!  Easy to apply due to the soft texture, dermatologically approved.
 
This foundation is one of my best budget buys up to date, available from a drug store and absolutely pleasantly surprised me (I still can't believe the price of this)!  This colour is also the perfect shade for me, so if you're a MAC NW20 this shade should match you.
 
It's a mousse like texture that feels very lightweight and silky, I love the pump action as it's not so messy and it dispenses just the right amount needed.  The pigmentation is medium coverage but very buildable, I use one layer all over my face and then just on the cheek area do I dab on a bit more, it covers any imperfections beautifully, all redness disappear but it's not a cakey finish, you can still see my skin, so it's very natural looking.  I also like the fact that it seems to help with oiliness, although I do finish it off with powder, just to set it (and perhaps I'm just used to doing this step in my make-up routine), but once the foundation has set it has a pretty matte finish to it.
 
And is it long-lasting?  Most definitely!  I do my make-up in the morning, and it lasts until night when I take it off, and this is without using a make-up finishing/setting spray.
 
I'd highly suggest you give this a try, especially as it's a drugstore product and really affordable.  It's definitely a product that I will re-purchase and find it perfect for everyday wear.
 
Hope you enjoyed this little find :-)


12 comments:

  1. Freckles?! Bet they are so cute! :)
    I must try this... I too LOVE foundation and hate leaving home without it! And it's such a bargain.
    I'm gonna try to buy this on the weekend... Great review doll.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I don't think so ;) but thanks lovely! I'm so glad I'm not alone with my love of foundations hehe ... x x x PS ~ Let me know what you think or if you do a review :)

      Delete
  2. <3 love this post and I hope I can find this foundation in Canada I have been loving my Revlon whipped foundation but i am getting sick of it & this one looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll be able to find this there, otherwise I must send you one over? Let me know babe :) x x

      Delete
  3. Oh wow this looks and sounds like a beaut of a foundation.. I'm impressed :D just wish we had it here :( xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, especially for everyday wear, for going out or events I still prefer my GOSH one because it's more coverage :) x

      Delete
  4. I've seen it around but i'm yet to try it , looks like an awesome foundation.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially with foundations, I used to be super wary of trying out new ones, but when I became cruelty free and couldn't use mac anymore, I became more adventurous and I'm loving it :) x

      Delete
  5. Great review. I have always seen it but was to scared to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry me too beaut :) but I really like this foundation. As I said to Meg above I just started loving trying out foundations which I used to only stick with one x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this review because i wanted to buy a essence foundation but was rather doubtful but now after reading your review i'm going to run for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it, I'm very fussy with foundations, it's the one thing for me that could make or break my look, especially because I don't have perfect skin I need something that gives me that flawless look, and this does :) let me know how it works for you x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...