Tuesday 23 April 2013

{OOTD} These Boots Are Made for Walking

Hi Beauties,

I hope you've had a fantastic week? 

On Sunday hubby and I had a movie date, it's one of our favourite things to do together, it's fun and who can resist a big box of buttery popcorn and an icy cold slush puppy?  I wanted to watch Identity Theft, but as luck would have it hubby saw the new release of Tom Cruise's movie Oblivion, so instead as a good and loving wife ~ I made the ultimate sacrifice and allowed him to pick ;) LOL ... oh the drama!

Anyway, let me get down to what I wore for the day:
Chunky Sequins Jersey/Jumper ~ Ackermans
Leggings ~ Mr Price
Studded Ankle Boots ~ Ackermans (R199)!!  Yes I couldn't believe it either!
Jewellery ~ Sass Diva
Rihanna Nude R645.00 per 50ml*
 
Don't judge me, but I hadn't been into Ackermans in years!  And recently I walked past their window display and almost dislocated the joints in my neck, I could not believe what totally fabulous pieces they had!  Well done to their buying team, you guys are doing an awesome job at changing your reputation, and is now definitely one of my must visit stores monthly.
 
This chunky jumper is so gorgeous, it's the most beautiful weave of white and black, decorated with the daintiest sequins, it's big and cosy, so you can wear it like I do or as a one shoulder, it's really long in the back so you don't have to worry about flashing too much of your derriere.  And for a night out?  Pair them with faux-leather leggings, a cropped biker jacket or blazer, dangly earrings and you're ready to rock it out.
 
But the best buy of all?  These dreamy and trendy spike ankle booties!  I am in love with them!  It's made of the softest material, is so comfy, I adore the chunky heel (fashion baby), it's kind of cowboy inspired and it's adoration worthy. 
 
Don't fall victim to the head-to-toe spikes "trend" I've seen around.  It's not pretty and no one wants to look like the outcast of some backyard metal/rock group.  Get one statement piece and allow it to take centre stage.
 
I paired some fabulous silver jewellery pieces with my outfit, and decided that I quite liked the look of my Michael Kors inspired rose gold watch from Sass Diva.  For colour I used this beautiful coral clutch bag from Mr Price.
 
One of my recent favourite perfumes have been Rihanna Nude, my hubby adores the smell so I found it fitting to wear on our date {PS Am I the only one that has perfumes for certain events i.e dates, work, home etc LoL?}, with layers of guava, mandarin and pear which opens into a sultry softness with orange blossom, gardenia petals and velvet jasmin sambac, notes of sandalwood, musk and feminine hints of vanilla orchid, makes this a unique, fresh and sexy scent - Just like Rihanna!  Look out for this lovely fragrance in stores now, they're available in 30ml and 50ml.
 
I hope you enjoyed this outfit pretties?  Have you been into Ackermans recently?


12 comments:

  1. This outfit is gorgeous! Your hair is so nice too! So jealous xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the outfit, i really like the boots :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are amazing! love what you wore and be sure to watch Identity theft soon its a good one.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meg! Can you believe we still haven't seen it LOL, but I'm hoping we get a chance to go this weekend :) x

      Delete
  4. I am loving your hair honey!!! xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely stunning doll, I'm loving your knit- it looks so cosy and warm!
    Those shoes are definitely a great find, the studs are gorgeous! :)
    Hope you had a wonderful day <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is hun, well it's not that warm it's definitely cosy, but a nice long shirt underneath will make it warmer :) thanks for popping by I appreciate it! YOU have amazing style ~ have a lovely day beaut :) x x

      Delete
  6. I also recently popped into Ackermans as their window display caught my eye... You are so right
    , definitely some nice pieces!

    Funky outfit!

    Rushda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, thye're doing a fab job. Thanks hun x x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...