Friday 21 November 2014

Nailene Goodies

Hi Dolls,

Happy Friday!

I hope you'll have a fab weekend.  At the moment I'm somewhere magical helping a gorgeous bride-to-be get ready for her big day.  So exciting!

Nailene Artificial Nail & Polish Remover - R130.00   |   Nailene Nail Studio Long Nails - R64.95   |   Nailene Studio Toes - R64.95   |   Nailene Nail Glue - R34.95
 * All nailene products available at Clicks *

I almost never get my nails done professionally, I get terribly bored with my nails so it totally defeats the purpose.  I have no idea what it is, but by the 2nd week I have to repaint my nails, and yes, I do envy people with awesome nail art done by professionals.

Nailene is one of my favorite brands for stick-on-nails, I've blogged about them before so they're a trusted brand that I know works.  Now I don't care if french tips are considered 90's - I love the look of it, it's classic and chic and truthfully in my opinion never goes out of style.   Normally I'll choose the medium or short length, but this time I got the long ones as we'll take loads of wedding pictures and dramatic looks good on photo's.  

You want to know my trick on making nail polish last ages?  Apply them over stick-on's.  Seriously, if you're looking for a mani that'll last ages this is the way to go.  I almost never have natural nails, 99 % of the time I have stick-on's over my nails.  Not only is it a good way to save money, but it minimizes damage to your own nails, as I only file it softly to remove shine, don't go crazy like I've seen at some salons, you're not suppose to file away your nail!  These babies lasts until I remove them with the artificial nail remover, whether it be a month or two.  So it's absolutely worth it.  

I've never tried the toe stick-on's so it's a first for me, but they look nice so am excited to try them out.  If your nail routine is the same as mine, this remover is a must have.  You just dip your nail in for a few seconds, twist and turn and voila - nail has been removed.  It's quick and easy and the smell is nice, unlike acetone which has such a strong smell.  I'm not sure why but normally Nailene nails come with glue, but I noticed that both of these didn't have it in, so I'm not sure if this is the new way for Nailene, not that I'm complaining, the glue wasn't that expensive.

Stick-on's have gotten such a bad rap in the past, but honestly, they look as good as professionally done nails, they shape according to your nail shape and looks gorgeous.

Love,

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...