Monday 17 November 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover vs Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation

Hi Ladies,

I hope you had a stunning weekend, it seems like we might be in for another rainy day today.  This week is quite busy and hectic as my cousin is getting married on Saturday and I'm the MOH, I'm very excited, I just love weddings and get to see family members we don't see often.  The only sad thing is that my husband and I had tickets to see 30 Seconds to Mars in July, and they postponed it until Friday night (our luck), so now he'll see the concert with my brother.  Oh well, that's life right.

If you had to ask me what makeup product is the most important - I'd have to say foundation.  All the other things are the bells and whistles to a look, but if you don't get your foundation right it's just not going to look good.  So today I have a battle between two Estee Lauder foundations:

If there is one product worth investing in, that is unless you have really great skin, that is foundation.  I'm all about bargain shopping, I love luxury products as much as I do affordable ones, and my two favorite brands for foundations are Estee Lauder and MAC.  Both of these shades will suit you if you're MAC NW20.

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover has a mousse type texture, it's really thick and has a matte finish.  It dries incredibly fast and you have to do section by section.  Because of the texture and dryness I prefer applying this with a damp beauty blender, which helps to spread it evenly and gives it more of a dewy finish.  This foundation is absolutely perfect if you have tattoos, birth marks or scars that you need to cover.  I'd highly suggest this foundation for oily / combination skin, if you have dry skin make sure you moisture, moisture, moisture ... and do use a great primer such as the Oh So Heavenly Miracle Blur Primer which gives you a smooth canvas to work on and has illuminating particles which gives your skin a dewy look.

I like this foundation for the coverage it gives, if you have problem skin like mine with acne scarring and so on, this would definitely get rid of any uneven skin tone and pigmentation, it also lasts forever on your skin. What I don't like about it?  It will show any skin problems you have such as enlarged pores and dry areas.  

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place apart from MAC Studio Fix Fluid is my holy grail foundation.  I love it!  It's way more forgiving than the Double Wear Maximum Cover, it's a liquid similar to Studio Fix Fluid, and gives medium coverage that is build able to full coverage.  It dries semi-matte and lasts all day. 

I really like the coverage and finish of this foundation, it looks beautiful and flawless, and quite frankly the quality is exceptional, from packaging to product.  I'd say the only thing I don't like is the price tag, but I can live with it because it is amazing!

The winner of this battle is the Double Wear Stay in Place, however, I do like the Double Wear Maximum foundation too, so I definitely like having both of these in my beauty cabinet, what I do for nights out or special occasions is to wear the Double Wear Stay in Place all over, and then dab the Double Wear Maximum foundation on the areas that need more coverage such as my cheeks and any areas where I have acne/breakouts.  So I basically use it as a concealer and I love the overall look and finish with both of these combined.  

Just as a side note, these foundations have lasted me ages!  Granted I do wear MAC as well, but I bought the Double Wear Maximum Cover in January and it is only finished now, the Double Wear Stay in Place I got in March and I still have a bit left, so although it's pricey it lasts forever (almost).

Love,

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...