Thursday 19 February 2015

Review & Swatches: L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Nudes Eyeshadow Collection

Hi Pretties,

I hope you're doing well?

I've heard about this palette quite some time ago on You Tube, and was so excited to see it's launch recently at Dischem stores.  If you're not familiar with the L.A. Girl brand, it's a really affordable drugstore brand and their HD concealer is a dupe for MAC Pro-Longwear concealer - tried and tested by me - for a fraction of the price.  Imagine my delight when I got my hands on this, especially as it's rumored to be a dupe for Urban Decay Naked 3, I cannot vouch for this as I don't own the UD3 palette so cannot do a comparison (and if you live in South Africa you know the struggle to get a hold of some of these brands).

Unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt but this palette was less than R100.00

Let me start with the packaging first.  I don't mind the look of it when it's closed, it doesn't look like an expensive product but it's okay, although I really don't like the creamy/beige block of colour.  Unfortunately once you open it, it looks cheap.  The eye shadow holder which is in that awful colour, seems to be made of plastic, but I have to say that it feels quite sturdy and I like that the palette has a magnetized closure.  

Onto the eye shadows, these colours are absolutely gorgeous!  You can see that there's a big difference to what they look like in the pan to the swatches.  I've been loving the glowy look recently, I've always steered well clear of it as I thought it wouldn't suit my oily t-zone, but I've found that with blotting once during the day I don't look like an oily mess but instead just has a stunning glow.  These eye shadows are perfect for this type of look, in my opinion anyway, the rose-gold shades are absolutely beautiful!

There are 12 shadows, 3 matte (and I'm so glad they have a matte creamy white shade), and 9 shimmer ones.  It also comes with an eye shadow brush (small) with a sponge tip applicator on the other side.

It's quite hard to give you my favorites because these doesn't have any names on them (crikey), but I love the 2 other matte shades which I sometimes mix, and it's the perfect crease colour.  Although these shadows look like they might give you some fallout, I've not experienced any more fallout than I do with my Stila In The Light palette, and they're very soft and buttery to the touch.  I've tried these shadows as is, and then I've tried them with MAC Fix+, which I normally use with an eyelid colour just to intensify it.  The difference between the two methods are really subtle and in my opinion not really needed.

The quality of the shadows itself, is really good, and you wouldn't expect it judging by the packaging.  
I really love this palette, I probably use it at least twice a week, it's just an easy one to grab to create something pretty.  If you can still get your hands on it go for it!  I know that these sold out almost immediately in my area.

I've recently done a DIY Z-Palette project, and I'll share it with you very soon.

Hope you have a FABULOUS and BLESSED day!

Love <3


8 comments:

  1. Really love the first 2 rows of shades , soft pretty and neutral for the day or wear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to get my butt to Dischem asap! Great post!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally do! I hope they still have stock! x

      Delete
  3. Those were my EXACT same thoughts when I saw the packaging. Lovely on the outside but once opened, it immediately put me off. I will perhaps give it a try now that you've give the thumbs up on the product itself! Nice review friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you managed to pick it up doll? Honestly, although I'm not a fan of the packaging, the shadows are so gorgeous! Thanks so much my friend <3

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...