Wednesday 19 November 2014

Favorite Eyelash Brand: Eylure - The Lash Edition

Hi Dolls,

Hope you've had a great week so far!

With party season coming soon, a pair of great falsies is a must!  Especially if you have lashes like I do - or the lack thereof in my case.

Eylure The London Edition - R120.00 available from Clicks

I watch a lot of You Tube video's, and am always amazed to see women who wear false eyelashes everyday, nothing wrong with it of course and kudos to you if you do it.  A lot of lashes aren't comfortable to wear, and I have very sensitive eyes and they go red for anything, even a little bit of wind.  It's not a very glamorous look to have big bambi eyes that are red, so when I found the Eylure lashes I gave a little jump for joy.  I don't have to fiddle with them to get them to stick, and the band is ultra light so it doesn't feel like you have anything on your eyes, and the glue that comes with it works really well so no need to purchase additional glue.

My favorite type of lashes from Eylure is the lengthening one, because it gives my eyes a bit of oomph without looking overdone or as if I'm wearing false eyelashes.  They're so comfy I wear them from the morning till night and it doesn't bother me one bit.  I highly recommend you give them a try if you normally struggle with lashes that feel heavy or look unnatural.  If you want to see them in action have a squizz at my instagram, I've worn them a few times in the last month or so.

I recently popped into Clicks, and wanted to pick up the lengthening lashes for a wedding this weekend, and I noticed they had a few boxes of eyelashes, all named after popular cities like New York and London, if I remember correctly there were 4 cities to choose from.  The London one was by far my favorite, not only because London is a place close to my heart as I lived there for a few years, but the lashes all seemed like ones that would still look natural but give a more glam look.  I normally wear lashes 2 - 4 times before I throw them away.  R120.00 for 3 pairs of lashes is a really good deal!  Normally its around R60.00 for one pair, so you are saving about R30.00 when you purchase this.  

I wanted to get this post up as soon as I could because I'm not sure how long these will still be available at clicks.  I've heard really good things about Ardell lashes in terms of affordability, but for some reason Clicks doesn't stock the Demi Wispies, which is raved about on You Tube.

Oh, just a few tips on how I apply lashes that makes it super easy:

-  Wait about 15 seconds after applying glue to apply otherwise they're too wet and you'll struggle to get them to stick (I apply two coats of glue on the lashes).
-  Take a mirror, look downwards, apply lashes with a tweezer and press against eyelid.
-  Take your finger and press the lashes gently against your lid and do an upward sweep (gently).
-  Voila!  Practice makes perfect ladies!

Love,

6 comments:

  1. Those are some great lashes, I prefer to stick with my own.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tx Candice - if you have nice eyelashes why not? Unfortunately mine is barely there ;) xx

      Delete
  2. The lashes sound really good, and I like that the glue comes with it! ;)
    Just followed, great blog. Mind following back x
    BeautiiBerry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the glue that comes with it, mine always stay on the whole day so it's superb quality :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Such amazing lashes! I use often because i want more volume for my eyes.
    kiss
    www.theladycracy.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - best way to get va-va voom lashes right?! =) xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...