Tuesday 25 June 2013

Sun, Sea and Holiday Fun ~ Part 1

Hi Lovelies,

We recently went on a mini-holiday to Durban, one of the best coastal holiday destinations in South Africa if you're looking for warm water to swim in.  I adore going to the beach, I'm not a big swimmer at all, but nothing beats the feeling of lying on the beach, toes wriggling in the sand with the sound and smell of the ocean.  We went with my brother, future SIL and friends and stayed in this amazing house that is walking distance from the beach.

My brother has been a car sound and speed fanatic since he was a young boy, and about a year and a half ago had his car completely redesigned, needless to say it's a very time consuming project, not to mention all the changes he often makes.  He was then invited to attend the Top Gear Festival in Durban, but unfortunately his car wasn't ready in time for the show (keep up with the progress on his car on his facebook page and show him some love here), however, we still went and had such an awesome time!  I assure you girls there's something for you at the festival too, I mean I like cars but I don't really know anything about it apart from the exterior {i.e. to say wow it's a beautiful car LoL} - but the show they had with Jeremy Clarkson and team was absolutely amazeballs!

Anyway, I've split my holiday post in two out of fear for photo overload ;) , I didn't realize I had so many things to show, I hope you don't mind:
Silly ol'me forgot to link my outfit deets:
Bag - Blackcherry Handbag available from Zando or Sassy Chic *
Pink Top - Mr Price
Jeans - Sissy Boy available from Foschini and Edgars
Belt - Chinese Shop
Shoes - Mr Price
Some of these photos are courtesy of www.pbdesigns.co.za

Part 2 will be uploaded tomorrow yayy for holidays!

Have a fab evening!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Can't believe that beautiful sunshine :)
    www.simplysiyaam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know right one would almost not believe it's middle of winter ;) x

      Delete
  2. Love all these pics makes me miss Durban so much !! I can't get over how gorgeous you are and where on earth is this chinese shop you go too?? tweet me missy haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe, it's this awesome chinese shop that opened up at Stoneridge Centre, if you know where Greenstone Mall is, it's right opposite from there :-) it's the best place :-) xo

      Delete
    2. Will totally be checking it out .

      Delete
  3. What a great post! Thanks for sharing. Those pics make me want to take an impromptu holiday to Durbz right now!

    http://voodoochildlaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :-) I'd also go back in a jiffy if I could ;) x

      Delete
  4. looks like you had a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello boo,
    i am so glad to be back! your holiday looks fab! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaynnesss so glad to see your little face again :-) xo

      Delete
  6. So glad you had a great time in my home city of Durban! Nothing beats some relaxation at the beach!
    X

    www.girlinthestripedtee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 % agree with you! Your hometown is one of my fave holidays in SA babe :-) xo

      Delete
  7. I love the outfits you wore! You are such a doll! Glad you had a great time. That beach pic with the flip flops, sand and drink is awesome.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Kim :) I'm getting better at photography thanks to blogging, it honestly makes you look different at taking pics. x x

      Delete
  8. Hello beautiful! Looks like you had so much fun and you look so cute in the photos!

    By the way, thanks for your comment on my blog, and I wanted to let you know that I did a little research and discovered that e.l.f. is a cruelty-free brand! yay!

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks petal that's so sweet of you! Thanks so much for letting me know that's awesome! We don't have ELF available in SA but I know they ship worldwide and their cosmetics is so cheap. You're the best xoxo

      Delete
  9. Wow, it looks like Summer! Lovely pics, makes me miss the sunshine :-(

    Rushda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does hey :) well Durban I don't think ever really has cold weather like we do in Joburg, but even so, compared to places like Europe South African winters are like spring to them ;) LoL xx

      Delete
  10. looks like fun times! i love that they were comparing muscles, haha!

    Sisters Marie
    Buy * Sell * Swap on BISTM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,you looks really so gorgeous in all these pictures..I think you enjoyed your trip and that are showing on your face..!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...