Sunday 30 June 2013

{OOTD} How to Style ~ Houndstooth

Hi Pretties,

I hope you've had a good day?

Houndstooth has been around for quite a while and I don't see this trend going away soon, and it was one of the pieces I had to get, and when I found this amazing black pair at Foschini I had to buy it.

I love that this isn't the standard black/white houndstooth print, but instead the print is created by different fabrics, which makes it suitable for most women and also really wearable.
Excuse the awkwardly placed white fluff! LoL!
Red Blazer - Foschini
Black Houndstooth Pants - Foschini
Shoes - Fashion Express
Clutch Bag - Accessorize (also available at selected Edgars stores)
Earrings - Mr Price

How absolutely gorgeous is this red jacket?  Overall this is one of my favourite outfits, I love the black, white and red colours with a pop of gold.  This blazer will easily take you into summer as the sleeves roll up which also gives you a pop of black (tres chic).

Can we take a moment and bow down to the fabulousness of these shoes ~ Love at first sight!?  Would you believe that I got these babies in the sale at Fashion Express!  They have a well deserved loving space in my closet, not only are they bang on trend with the studs, but how totally amazing is the gold heel?  And best bit ... they're really comfy and the inside has lovely padding which will give you hours of walking and smiling, something one doesn't find often with heels so high.  Heels are a must for me as I'm so short (5ft 2in - 1.57 metres), I rarely venture out of the house without at least a bit of a heel.

Another way I like to wear these houndstooth pants is to pear it with pointy heels and an awesome t-shirt and a biker jacket like the one I wore here or even an amazing jumper with ankle booties would look totally cute!

Hope you liked my outfit!


5 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous babe, you style them well. Love the shoes too.

    Em x

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great houndstooth pants! I love how you paired it with the red blazer and the clutch w/tassel is fabulous.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes!! Love the pants too. So glad that houndstooth will never go out of fashion, just one of those classic prints.
    You loook great :)

    http://voodoochildlaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all can I just say that I wish I had your perfect body, lol. You always look fabulous. Love the blazer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...