Wednesday 4 March 2015

Pamper Time: Lush Goodies

Hi Pretties,

Hope you're having a fab week so far?

Lush is a cult favourite amongst beauty enthusiasts, and after watching the 100th video of their products, I had to order some goodies.  Now I have to mention that I have a very particular taste when it comes to scents, basically it needs to smell sweet, I'm not a fan of natural or organic type scents (normally).

Needless to say, when I got my box of goodies which I ordered before Christmas, I couldn't wait to give them a sniff.  I ordered some of the Christmas ones, the Santa and another one, those were the first 2 products I tried.  And to say I was disappointed was a bit of an understatement.  I really didn't get the fuss, to be honest I felt like I paid R50 for coloured water, and I really didn't care for the fragrance of them either.

Anyway, I wasn't going to waste the other ones I ordered, and the next one was the Candy Mountain - and this absolutely restored my hopes in the Lush brand.  It was everything I had hoped for, it smelled incredible.  So although I had a bit of a shaky start, I've now realized that it's just a matter of trying until you find the ones you really like (almost like dating you know lol).


I'm not the best at describing scents, the best I can do is tell you that it smells wonderful and sweet, so I'll give you my best copy and paste directly from the Lush website:

"For a soothing, cleansing soak. Honey Bee smells like caramel, much like Honey, I Washed The Kids soap and Soft Coeur massage bar do. Honey Bee holds its own special distinction, though; in addition to soothing honey, it has Moroccan rhassoul mud to deep cleanse and soften your skin. The world’s best spas offer honey or mud baths on their menus. Now, you can have both in one go, for roughly 1% of the cost." 


"The Think Pink Ballistic is back with a slimmer figure. We’ve made it smaller, but this hot pink bomb is still fragranced with tonka bean’s edgy aroma and the sweetness of vanilla absolute. It’s sweet, but not overbearingly so, with a subtle bite that will remind you of pink bon-bons. We highly recommend you spoil yourself with our gloriously indulgent, rather sophisticated surfeit of pinkness."


How pretty is this ballistic?  

"All the myth and magic of a Phoenix pressed into one bath time experience, which lets you arise at the end feeling refreshed and ready for the next 500 years. One of Lush’s patented double layer bath ballistics, your Phoenix will sink to the bottom then rise in triumph, his mythical sparkling purple and green plumage unfurling through your bath water.  He’ll release gentle shea butter, cocoa butter and jojoba oil to leave your skin feather soft, and exotic essential oils of fruit and spices, which take your mind on a flight of fancy to distant shores where you are lying on a beach drinking ..."

Soaking in a lush bath is now a part of my weekly pamper routine.  Just taking 15 minutes or so to inhale the mixture of carefully mixed spices and scents, is a must have!  And I feel kind of bad that we had a shaky start, but I'm sure this is going to be a romance that lasts much longer than KimK's 2nd or 3rd marriage ;) hehe.

Which lush product is your favourite?

Love,


2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...