Tuesday 17 March 2015

New In: Revlon Age Defying Targeted Dark Spot Concealer Treatment {Review}

Hi Pretties,

I hope you're having a fab week so far?  We survived Monday ;P -- so it's only upwards from here!

Revlon Age Defying Targeted Dark Spot Concealer Treatment in Light available at Clicks   |   Burst Studio Brushes Eyeshadow Brush R253.00

One of the things I've struggled with, especially in my 30's when it became more noticeable, is dark circles, and around 2 years ago I noticed more prominent under eye wrinkles.  I've always had a really good skincare regime, especially focusing on anti-ageing, but unless you go for botox, unfortunately you'll have some wrinkles and that's okay.

The biggest trick I can give you to avoid too much under eye creasing (it won't eliminate it completely), is to either colour correct and / or avoid powdering.  I know there's a huge debate as some people feel they must powder to avoid creasing, but frankly it makes my under eye area look very dry, cakey and it still creases.  Whereas if I don't powder, I can easily pat the under eye concealer during the day and trust me, it looks way more natural.

Now onto this particular concealer, I love the Revlon brand for face products, their foundations are really great, so when I saw this in Clicks I thought why not give it a try (variety is the spice of life or so I hear) lol.  I picked it up in Light, and wanted to use it as a highlighter too, and it worked great for that purpose.  

Although it does have a sponge applicator, I preferred using the eye shadow brush from Burst Studios, I've done a full review on them, and collectively with MAC and Sigma they're my favourite brushes.  I love using this specific one, the bristles are incredibly soft and gentle, which is a must when you work on the delicate eye area, I find the sponge applicator tugs on my skin, whereas this one doesn't.

In terms of how the concealer works?  I'm not sure why it's called a treatment.

Does it cover my dark circles?  Only slightly, I find that I have to use a lot of product to get enough coverage, and the problem with using so much product is that it creases so much!  If you have one wrinkle, this makes it look as if you have 3.  I've tried setting it with powder, but as explained above it makes it look 10 x times worse.

I do however love using this as a highlighter (avoiding the under eye area), so I'll apply it at the top of my cheek, and it does an amazing job enhancing a contoured look.

Basically I don't like this product as a concealer, but I do recommend this if you have either young skin with no wrinkles, or you're just looking for a highlighter.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...