Tuesday 10 March 2015

Dr. Brandt Pores no More Pore Refiner Primer {Review & Before/After}

Hi Dolls,

I hope you've had an amazing and fab week so far?

So December hubby and I went on our annual Christmas {get me the heck out of here} shopping.  Needless to say, it's almost obligatory to shop for yourself too right?  As we were browsing the beauty department at Foschini, a lovely lady approached us from the Dr. Brandt department.  To be honest, I wasn't very familiar with his products, I'd heard of the name before but that's it.  She showed my hubby some manly goodies and he excitedly came to show me how his wrinkles had magically disappeared, and how matte his skin looked, the consultant then showed me this little beaut (with a big punch I might add), and told me it's used by men and women .. horrayy for unisex products and saving a bit.  Now you know those buys that becomes a must have, this is one of them for me!


"Dr. Brandt's pores no more pore refiner primer is my secret to having closeup ready skin.  It shrinks the size of pores and refines the skin, it is brilliant!"- Gwyneth Paltrow

Who wouldn't want a celebrity dermatologist catering to your every whim and need?  I certainly do, and that's exactly what you'll get when you buy the Dr. Brandt skincare line.  

From their website:

"A cult favorite, pores no more pore refiner primer is Dr. Brandt’s quick fix for flawless, photo-ready skin. It is the miracle base to create the perfect skin canvas for long-lasting makeup and well-preserved skin. This velvety formula absorbs excess oil, minimizes pores, blurs fine lines and is resistant to sweat and humidity. Prime, touch-up and treat while perfecting your makeup.
  • minimizes the appearance of pores by diffusing light
  • blurs imperfections & lines
  • erases shine & mattifies skin
  • absorbs oil, reduces shine and helps regulate sebum production
  • antibacterial action for a healthy skin
  • acts as a shield to prevent make-up from clogging pores"

I've tried many primers, from drugstore to high end like Smashbox, and to be honest, although some of them have worked fine, I've always wondered what the purpose is of primer, since I haven't seen a noticeable difference as I have with this one.  

There is a trick to applying pore refining products, DO NOT rub and wipe the product over your face, especially the problem areas.  With this primer, one squeeze is enough to cover your face.  Take the majority of the primer and tap it onto the problem areas, then tap (don't wipe) it into the skin.  This movement ensures that the product goes into the pore (which is what you want), once you've tapped it in with light movements, gently wipe the rest of the product over your face.

They claim that they are cruelty free, but there isn't a logo on the product from an approved cruelty free organization, this doesn't mean they're not, but I have to put it out there.  They don't use any artificial fragrances and the packaging is made with recyclable material.

Like I mentioned before, I never saw the need for a primer, because frankly they didn't really do anything else or different for me, but since I've purchased this, it has changed the way my makeup sits and looks on me - especially close ups.  That is when you can see all the little imperfections.  So I have combo skin, with pores across my nose and the cheek area next to the nose.  Did you know that it's good if you have pores?  Just for all the ladies that hate the look of big pores.  I know superficially it's really annoying, but most likely you'll have oily skin, and oily skin helps the skin look younger for longer - compared to someone that suffers from dry skin.  So there is something to celebrate see =)

Don't judge me on the below pics it's a real close up so you can see it all lol!  I wanted to give you a true idea on what the product does, so this is a portion of my bare face (eeepppp), we're all women and we have our imperfections, that's okay, God didn't make anyone to be perfect anyway right?  There's no filter on these photo's, it's the exact same spot of my face, and no photoshopping was done.  I know when you look at the after pic you can see blurring, and that is all the product I promise you!  Amazing right?  Can you see why this is a necessity for me, and why I adore this so much?!


I need to give the other products in their skincare line a try.  So many people claim to be skin experts nowadays, but the proof is in the pudding.  Dr. Brandt did an amazing job in creating this skincare line, and although I'm all for bargain products, sometimes it's worth investing, especially in something as precious as your skin.

Hope you have a BLESSED week!

Love <3

2 comments:

  1. I once bought their Microdermabrasion scrub and that was incredible! In actual fact I need to pick up some more soon. Sadly a very under-hyped brand.

    XoXo One Stiletto At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that, did you do a post on it at all? Right, they're so under-hyped but they deserve the spotlight so much! Incredible brand. Thanks for always reading my blog - I truly appreciate it :-) xo

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...