Sunday 20 January 2013

{Outfit of The Day} Come in with the Rain

Hi Pretties,

The past few weeks we've had a terrible heatwave in Joburg, and to say I breathed a sigh of relief on Friday when the weather forecast told me that we can expect a rainy weekend .. is an understatement!  I live for rainy weather, and I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind cloudy and over-cast days, don't get me wrong, of course I love a bit of sunshine too!

PS - If you wonder where my oh so cryptic post title is from, it's a song from Taylor Swift.  I am such a massive fan of hers and ever since I bought her CD Red, have been listening to it non-stop.  She is such an amazing artist, and I thought this title is just so fitting for this post.


I tied two scarves together to create different texture plus give it volume, both scarves are pretty, but they're "small" so tied together it creates a really lovely look.



Jeans:  Sissy Boy
Grey Top:  Cotton On
Grey Cropped Jacket:  Legit
Scarfs:  Mr Price
Shoes:  Mr Price
Bangles:  Mr Price
Eye Make-Up:  Urban Decay Naked 2

I am in love with these jeans, which I got for my birthday last year!  They're amazingly comfortable, I love the wash of the jeans and despite the ripped areas, this beauty will take you from day to night (and yes I've worn them to work with a smart top and cropped blazer), and in Sissy Boy fashion the pockets on my bum are embroided with gorgeous studs and diamante's.  If you've got a curvy bum/hips like me, Sissy Boy jeans are super flattering, although a bit more on the expensive side it is totally worth having a pair or two in your closet.  I just adored this outfit, the top from Cotton on has amazing stud detailing on the shoulders, and if you really wanted you could wear this with pumps or sandals, but as I'm only 5ft 2in I prefer high heels as I do have a tendency to look child-like wearing flats, and these shoes from Mr Price are so comfy, I've worn them to several shopping trips and my feet thanked me afterwards ;P

So we went to my parents for game night, and I have to say I am quite competitive when playing games especially 30 Seconds ... and not to boast or anything ;) but is it a co-incidence that I was on the winning team twice although I had a different team player both times?  LooL ... It truly was a fun night with lots of laughter and inside jokes, and I surely won't betray my brothers trust by telling you all how R-Rated one of his explanations were, leaving us all in fits of laughter and a story to tell for years to come.

Oh, before I forget to mention, you'll notice I took my extensions out, that was just after we got back from a short trip to the coast in December.  I removed them at home and my lovely husband helped me oh so patiently, it only took about an hour to remove, and I was totally chuffed to see that my hair had zero damage from the micro ring/link hair extensions!  In fact, after I washed and blow-dried it my hair felt super soft, so if you're interested in getting hair extensions I would definitely recommend you get these, and if you're wondering where I got them from have a little read here.

I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!

Love,
xoxo

26 comments:

  1. Oh so stylish! I'm also a big Taylor Swift fan and I have all her CD's, which. I listen to all the time.

    Rushda xoxo
    Http://www.rubescloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm like that too, it's always either a Taylor or Adele CD in my radio hehe ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those shoes!! You look gorgeous!
    http://chantilly-lace9.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea to put two scarves together, love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit and the shoes are so HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everytime i look at ure blog i wonder what it would be like to live in south africa, i would love it for you to do a post about youre neighboorhood or your state

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doll, what an awesome idea, I will def keep this in mind. But in short what life's like here: Hot! We love food and family. There's a lot of open space. A lot of challenges too. Let me know what things you wanna know and I'll gladly answer it for you :-) xx

      Delete
  6. aww you look lovely swetie! i must say! i love those shoes!!
    .My new leopard look post is up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much babe, I'll have a lookie now :-) xo

      Delete
  7. I love the scarf, jacket, tee combo! Truly lovely.

    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, great post & lovely blog! I have nominated you for the 'Liebster Award'. Check it out: http://bit.ly/WhBJUW

    www.nina-francesca.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much babe! I feel honoured ... just a quick question, can I do the liebster award again if I've done it before? xoxo

      Delete
  9. I love your outfit here, babe! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Liefde,
    Liesl

    http://www.pretty-random-things.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elrese!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Congrats! Please follow the link to see what you have to do next. :-)

    Love,
    Liesl

    http://www.pretty-random-things.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jeans and the scarf! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you :-) and don't be concerned, you'll be alright haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...