Friday 18 January 2013

Printed Shoes take Center Stage

Hello Lovelies,

Since this is my first post in 2013 I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year!



I told you I'm not disappearing from the blogging scene forever ~ and I'm so excited to show you my outfit of the day!

When my parents spoilt me with an overseas holiday to London for my 30th birthday in 2011, I couldn't wait to visit all my favourite shopping spots, and of course a trip to Primark was on top of my list.  For those who don't know Primark and Mr Price are similar, and they actually stock some of the same goodies.


* My furrbabies in the back looking rather confused .. I guess they're taking
notes on how not to pose for your blog outfit posts LoL :P





Dress:  Primark (2011)
Tribal Print Shoes:  Mr Price R199.00 (I saw these just a few days ago on their website www.mrp.co.za)

This flowy and lady-like dress is just perfect and I got so many compliments the day I wore it, I kept accessories to a minimum as the dress and shoes have enough personality already ;) .  I am pear-shaped, and I'm sure you'll notice my not so shapely legs hehe, but high wedges and a gorgeous dress will accentuate you in all the right places.  We all have things we'd like to change, the trick is not to focus on those things but rather bring attention to the things we like, so although my bum and hips are the biggest part of my body, the gorgeous drape on the top immediately catches your attention, the belt slightly cinches in at the waist giving me an hourglass shape ~ and lastly focusing on these amazing and funky tribal wedges.

Girls, I'm warning you, these beauties truly will make your feet suffer, but beauty is pain and I will bear it with a smile. LoL.

Update - Cruelty Free Products

I also wanted to give you a little update on my new venture in buying only cruelty free products, I feel that I've learned so much the past month, and I'll definitely be doing a few posts on some finds and some not so great finds.  One of the biggest struggles I've had is finding a replacement for my foundation which is the MAC Studio Fluid in NW20, which unfortunately I've had to repurchase ~ if you invest in one cosmetic item make it your foundation, it sets the feel and look for the rest of your make-up and if your foundation is failing you then your look will be less than glam.  But after some more research I think I'm going to buy the Stila foundation, which is quite hefty at approx. R400 from selected Woolworths and Truworths stores, but I'm hoping it will last me longer than the MAC foundation and therefore balancing out cost-wise.

I hope you enjoyed my first outfit post of the year pretties?

If you're new to my blog and wondering why I don't post frequently, please read my blog philosophy.

Interesting read on animal testing.

Love,
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. you look amazing girlie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous babe! Love the entire outfit, you're so stunning!
    Still don't get how you're 30?! Feel like you're tricking me ;)
    Is Inglot cruelty free? Because I'm going to try one of their cream foundations next, read some great reviews, and read that like studio fix fluid, the coverage is also buildable. Maybe you can get a sample before you buy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely, ahhh I wish LoL ;P

      Yes they are! So you can enjoy their cream foundation guilt free, please let me know how the foundation is if you try it out?

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your doggies are just the cutest!!!:-) Love the dress and shoes. Too beautiful and great combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely ~ they're so cute and always so inquisitive as to what I'm doing when taking blog photo's hehe xo

      Delete
  4. i think the look really suits you! very stylish hun!
    new post is up on my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are amazing- loving tribal vibes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit, the dress and shoes go perfectly!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...