Thursday 23 October 2014

My Favorite Summer Lip Products

Hi Dolls,

A lot of times I've convinced myself that lip products must be my favorite because I just have so many of them, but then I quickly turn around and realize but wait a minute, I love eye shadows, blushes and everything else just as much.  I've just come to realize that I have a problem with makeup in general lol, so having to pick out my favorite lippies for summer was quite a task, but I have to say I'm quite happy with my selection and I hope you find new ones you like.

Essence in 08 Colour Crush (Dischem / Clicks)
Catrice in 200 Get the Nudes Paper (Dischem / Clicks)
Farmasi in 05 (Farmasi)

Lipsticks:

I know you might be shaking your head thinking how is it possible that there's not one MAC lipstick as that is normally a cult favorite right?  Unfortunately all my MAC ones are too nude for me especially for summer, so I'm definitely looking for one that makes me look alive and I like the Kylie Jenner look (twig perhaps)?  Anyway, getting on with my current favorites I have three brands people normally don't associate with awesome lipsticks, but let me tell you, they are all awesome!

Essence lipsticks for me is the MAC drugstore version, they're very buttery and nourishing, the pigmentation isn't always on point but it's buildable, whereas I feel Catrice has amazing pigmentation.  A brand you may not be familiar with is a Turkish brand called Farmasi, if you're looking for an approved halal cosmetics brand Farmasi is for you.  These are definitely my favorite colors, they go with most of my looks in summer, whether it's a colorful eye, browns and coppers or a smokey eye.  If you're a bit of a novice when it comes to bright lip colors, this Essense one is actually great, because one swipe of this gives you a lovely pink (it's not as bright on lips) so you can ease yourself into brighter colors.

NYX Xtreme Shine Lip Cream in Natural (Not sure if Clicks stocks this)
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul (Clicks)
NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee (Not available in SA yet)
Kardashian Beauty Lip Plumping Gloss in Beige Nude (Stuttafords)
NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair (Not available in SA yet)

Lipglosses and Lip Creams:

Although I do love a good lipstick, which I normally wear in the mornings, admittedly during the day I just top it off with lipglosses and / or lip creams, it's just so much easier, and one thing I barely use are lip liners.  I have quite full lips already, and I always feel a bit clownish with lip pencils as they accentuate full lips too much (in my opinion of course).

If you live in South Africa you know that NYX butter glosses is not available here (goodness knows why), and about a month or so ago Clicks had this amazing deal where you got a lip product pack for free which includes a butter gloss if you bought goodies for R250.00.  I managed to snatch up 3 packs because I've been lusting over these for a good year, I'm obsessed with youtube video's and one of my favorites ciaoobelllaxo uses these all the time, and I see why.  Both Eclair and Creme Brulee gives the most beautiful color and sheen, it's perfect, and it smells like candy (yes please)!  I do use these sparingly but hopefully NYX South Africa wakes up and realizes how popular these beauties will be here.

I also wanted to mention the Kardashian Beauty lipgloss, I got this for my birthday last year from my lovely husband - btw my birthday is in a months time again yayyy - anyway, this gloss smells incredible!  It's a beautiful honey scent and the color is so pretty, it's a golden nude with just the right amount of sparkle in it, I can't comment on whether it plumps up lips but it gives that nice minty cool feeling.  Kardashian glow baby! And look at the size of that wand compared to a butter gloss wand, it's huge, but it's perfect in the sense that if you have full lips like me, you don't even need a mirror to apply it.

I hope you enjoyed my favorites and the swatches and that you perhaps find a new lippie for summer!

Have a fab day!

Love,

6 comments:

  1. Stunning collection! Definitely want to check out Farmasi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll, you must! One of my favorite highlighters are from them, shall I dare say it's better than the MAC soft and gentle and it's so affordable. Absolutely worth checking them out :) x

      Delete
  2. I love love love this post. I'm such a huge lipstick fan... lip products in general and now this post made me want everything! It erks me that the Butter Glosses aren't available in SA.

    Welcome back to blogging sweety and thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you :) lol that's what I like to hear ;) ..I know right, it's such a shame but hopefully if we put enough pressure on them they'll give in {they'll have to}. Thanks so much really appreciate it and you're welcome x

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try a Catrice Ultimate Shine shade I don't love. Forget MAC I want one in every colour from Catrice US instead.

    XoXo One Stiletto At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm so glad that someone else loves such an underrated product as much as I do :-) yes please, one in every shade! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...