Tuesday 28 October 2014

Hair Care Routine: A-Line Bob

Hi Dolls,

I hope you're well?

I'm so excited for this week!  We're going to the Kruger National Park and making it a long weekend, hubby and I haven't had a break in ages and am so thrilled to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. And it's baby season at the park and I just adore all the new little faces popping up - they're just too darn cute.

If you read my post about my brand new hairstyle, you should know that new hair calls for a new hair care routine, especially because I have dyed it a beautiful plum shade too.

Goldwell Dualsenses Color Shampoo & Conditioner
Tresemme Heat Defense
Goldwell Double Boost Root Lift Spray
L'Oreal Hairspray

Hair care products was something I never invested in, and although Lee Stafford and the Aussie brands are great, since cutting my hair I've really taken time and money to buy salon products, and I can see a difference in the health of my hair.

The shampoo and conditioner have specially been formulated for colored and dyed hair, and although a lot of the brightness of the dye has faded which happens with plum colored hair, it has managed to keep most of the color in for way longer than drugstore products.  With my long hair I used almost a handful of product to cover everything when washing it, now I use just a dollop and the products have lasted me so long, I'm not even halfway so I suppose with short hair it's worthwhile to invest in more expensive products. The smell of this is heavenly too, it contains pomegranates and you can definitely smell the fruitiness!

Two products that I still use that is not new and not photographed is the Batiste dry shampoo for dark brunette hair and the Jean Pepe serum, you can read the full review here.

I don't tease my hair as much as I used to, I still do a bit but I don't go as crazy, instead I've opted for the Goldwell Double Boost Root Lift Spray, I'll towel dry my hair and then spritz this on the roots all over my head, I tilt my head over and blow dry - the volume this stuff gives me is absolutely amazing!  It doesn't leave my hair crunchy or greasy, you comb through your hair and it's left with mega volume and hair that is soft and swishy.  Highly recommend this product if you're looking for a tease free way of adding volume.

This hairspray is somewhat of a cult favorite, and I had to give it a try, I suppose it's okay, it smells nice, but I still prefer the Fudge Raspberry and Vanilla hairspray.

These products are definitely keeping my tresses in tip top condition.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...